Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving a Ferrari just now... (COVID-19)

Name
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    With a Prime Minister in intensive care people are still apparently oblivious to the seriousness of this situation.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Agreed
    My lad works for an ornamental plant producer that is refusing to shut, Essential work?

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona355 View Post
    Why? What’s the problem? Open roads, low numbers of plod about, full tanks of fuel in every car...... why the hell not? Doesn’t hurt anyone
    Saddest quote I've come across yet!

So the car crash, next village along to mine yesterday that brought out the police, fire crew, ambulance and air ambulance...doesn't matter...no impact on our emergency services or NHS work load? The kid killed on the M4 this morning, shutting the motorway in both directions all morning and all the emergency services that brought out...doesn't matter...no impact on our emergency services or the NHS work load?

Words utterly fail me.

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Pangea View Post
    Too many self centred ***** who care nothing for others in this world Mike..

Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    We all have different views.... Iíd suggest you donít know me or my situation, because if you did, youíd know I likely donít have long to live, so driving on my own for half an hour isnít a big deal, and Iíd hate to meet my maker wondering why I didnít take advantage of an empty road now and then to relieve the stress. We can all disagree without getting personal about it

markst is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Mark

well....ÖÖÖ.I've seen loads of McLarens out and about.....a nice Ferrari the other day,....some guy taking his Morgan aero out......so people do for sure..

I don't go out at all....., only to see my mum who's got lung cancer...Öbut I have noticed the average speed is nearer 95 as the roads are so empty.

whats more annoying is the car parks being closed on national trust land and everyone in the odd small car park...ÖÖ.madness......I see more people now dog walking than ever....

but regarding the op's post....no I wouldn't go out in a Ferrari Ö.

Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona355 View Post
    We all have different views.... Iíd suggest you donít know me or my situation, because if you did, youíd know I likely donít have long to live, so driving on my own for half an hour isnít a big deal, and Iíd hate to meet my maker wondering why I didnít take advantage of an empty road now and then to relieve the stress. We can all disagree without getting personal about it
    Kinda difficult not to get personal when somebody posts that if they donít get to drive their Ferrari, theyíll beat up their wife.

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIn2Red View Post
    Kinda difficult not to get personal when somebody posts that if they don’t get to drive their Ferrari, they’ll beat up their wife.
    I must've missed that but I do think we should all take a step back. I'm sure nobody here underestimates the current situation or lives their life not giving a damn about others. I find the current loss of life deeply upsetting, my parents are 'vulnerable' and I have a healthy respect for the emergency services, but I'll take the 360 out (rather than my Porsche daily) if I have somewhere specific to go. I certainly won't be out there racing around the empty roads but I won't be judged for it either.

I know the comment that upset people didn't come across well and I wouldn't agree with it if I thought it was a case of "to hell with others" but intention and context is often lost in the typed word.

None of us know other folk's personal circumstances. My wife just lost her mother and sadly with the absence of a funeral, I'll be making the short final drive to her home from the cremation with the ashes in our Ferrari, a car she never got the chance to ride in whilst she was with us. If that's wrong, tell me now and I'll terminate my membership on this forum.
    Last edited by Kyodo; 08-04-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    I must've missed that but I do think we should all take a step back. I'm sure nobody here underestimates the current situation or lives their life not giving a damn about others. I find the current loss of life deeply upsetting, my parents are 'vulnerable' and I have a healthy respect for the emergency services, but I'll take the 360 out (rather than my Porsche daily) if I have somewhere specific to go. I certainly won't be out there racing around the empty roads but I won't be judged for it either.

I know the comment that upset people didn't come across well and I wouldn't agree with it if I thought it was a case of "to hell with others" but intention and context is often lost in the typed word.

None of us know other folk's personal circumstances. My wife just lost her mother and sadly with the absence of a funeral, I'll be making her short final drive home from the cremation with her ashes in the Ferrari, a car she never got the chance to ride in previously. If that's wrong, tell me now and I'll terminate my membership on this forum.
    It's all about context Mark and I agree with what you say above. Sorry to hear about your MIL....

As I said earlier in the thread, I didn't SORN mine and hope I will get to use it in April but at the moment I feel I DON'T WANT to use it and I'm certainly not judging others who do for valid reasons. A car is a car at the end of the day so it makes no difference if you need to travel. I take food to my parents twice a week and I ain't walking!
    What I do object to with my wife's cousin in ICU (who picked up CV during cancer treatment if that was not enough), two of my immediate family and a number of close friends in the front-line of this is reckless, not a thought about those picking up the pieces kind of behaviour.... They have not got a clue at what it's currently like working on those wards. People who work in the NHS generally do not do it for the money but none of them signed up for this.

Steve, I hope you keep well but your initial post was IMO very ill judged. I shouldn't rise to it hence my initial brief post but this will be my last post on it.....

Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIn2Red View Post
    Kinda difficult not to get personal when somebody posts that if they donít get to drive their Ferrari, theyíll beat up their wife.
    Yeah, humour bypass then mate? Christ almighty

Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post

None of us know other folk's personal circumstances. My wife just lost her mother and sadly with the absence of a funeral, I'll be making the short final drive to her home from the cremation with the ashes in our Ferrari, a car she never got the chance to ride in whilst she was with us. If that's wrong, tell me now and I'll terminate my membership on this forum.
    Sorry for your loss. I think the guys here just need to take a step back and stop being judgemental. You put it very well, none of us know personal situations, mine included, and also, the government guidelines havenít outlawed people having a sense of humour

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast