Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Default Covid-19

Hi Guys

Troubling times for all of us.

In particular whether or not it is right to drive our Ferraris or not.

There have been various posts, and some have started to become heated - well at least we have had some complaints.

I think it is best just to leave it to your own conscience.

I don't think it is useful to get into arguments and thus the mods will close/delete any threads that become contentious.

Much more useful to tell how you are maintaining your Ferrari in this lockdown.

Francis
    Comm

Name
    Mark

I for one don't want see personal trials by Internet. We all have our reasons for our actions and as long as we respect ourselves in this difficult time, but more especially others, that's fine by me.

Name
    Steve

Itís not maintaining the Ferrari, sheís going great, as are the rest of the cars, but took the sport supercharged out to get milk and drop off the post today, and the low battery, start car warning came on. Handbook says you canít charge battery in the car, and you should let a dealer do it anyway, but to drive for a minimum 30 minutes to recharge. Hence, a very sonoric 30/40 minutes drive around some country lanes locally charging the battery to a minimal level - essential as I canít risk calling out the AA next time I want to go out in the car, and I certainly donít like the idea of leaving modern cars with empty batteries for any amount of time, giving all those lovely ECUs time to fail

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona355 View Post
    Itís not maintaining the Ferrari, sheís going great, as are the rest of the cars, but took the sport supercharged out to get milk and drop off the post today, and the low battery, start car warning came on. Handbook says you canít charge battery in the car, and you should let a dealer do it anyway, but to drive for a minimum 30 minutes to recharge. Hence, a very sonoric 30/40 minutes drive around some country lanes locally charging the battery to a minimal level - essential as I canít risk calling out the AA next time I want to go out in the car, and I certainly donít like the idea of leaving modern cars with empty batteries for any amount of time, giving all those lovely ECUs time to fail
    Would a Ctek charger or 2 be a good plan? Have always kept my Ferrari plugged into one for just this reason.

Name
    Steve

Unfortunately, there doesnít seem to be an official allowance to do this, Range Rover state you canít charge the battery within the vehicle, so Iíd be a bit nervous. Secondly, she lives outside, so itís a bit difficult to leave on trickle unless you can guarantee the weather. Like yours, the ferrari is on her charger, as is the little Honda Pioneer UTV!, as the6 are both in the garage itself. The second side of the garage houses my pool table, and although I havenít played professionally for a while now due to illness, I canít bear to sell my practice table as it means I expect not to ever play again. If I did, through, Iíd get another car in that section of the garage

Name
    Grant

Unfortunately, there doesnít seem to be an official allowance to do this, Range Rover state you canít charge the battery within the vehicle, so Iíd be a bit nervous. Secondly, she lives outside, so itís a bit difficult to leave on trickle unless you can guarantee the weather. Like yours, the ferrari is on her charger, as is the little Honda Pioneer UTV!, as the6 are both in the garage itself. The second side of the garage houses my pool table, and although I havenít played professionally for a while now due to illness, I canít bear to sell my practice table as it means I expect not to ever play again. If I did, through, Iíd get another car in that section of the garage
    I have my range rover on charge with a Ctek as its not being used, they tend to go flat quickly if not used, it may be something to do with the extra battery in the boot for the stop start or maybe the tracker? It works well and shows fully charged in a day. It would be worth doing this to yours, the weather looks good this week and you can almost close the bonnet fully, but you cannot lock the car unless the bonnet is fully shut.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

The second side of the garage houses my pool table, and although I havenít played professionally for a while now due to illness, I canít bear to sell my practice table as it means I expect not to ever play again. If I did, through, Iíd get another car in that section of the garage
    When I built a new garage to house the Ferrari the deal was I had downstairs and my wife could use upstairs as an office.

That said, how much space does a desk take up?

Name:  61D08CA6-2698-4F6F-94D5-058F554DCBB6.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  40.6 KB

Name
    jos

Admirable meeting space in the back of the photo

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Admirable meeting space in the back of the photo
    Cheers Jos. Wine barrel bar opens up and has glasses and bottles etc inside, wine rack is built into the wall and beer fridge is inside the first cupboard. Car is downstairs and this it the view out that door. All in all I was pretty pleased with the garage build

Name:  view.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  48.1 KB

irarref is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Jeff

And for those of us still working....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCWgVF-zKV8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast