Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cali T purchase - first Ferrari - help needed please

Name
    Peter

Default Cali T purchase - first Ferrari - help needed please

Hi all,

I have identified a Cali T that I really like but am lacking a bit of confidence in finalising the deal, as I have little idea if itís a decent deal and I am not making any novice/beginners mistakes that will cost be dear in the long run.

First Ferrari, and first Supercar .....

If there are people willing to assist or advise I will post more detail.

Are there any friendly dealers on who I could message?

thanks

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Very exciting!

Post up details here.

Is it private or dealer? If later somebody on here will have had experience of them and can provide an opinion.

Regardless of who is selling it; get a PPI. Personally I'm not sure who would be best for a Cali...but hopefully Andy will be along in a bit who is also looking for one, so will I'm sure advise and give a idea on "asking price" bracket.

Cheers

Name
    Peter

Thanks,

Itís a 2016 16 plate Cali T, 5000 miles, owners, balance of warranty until Mar 22, and service package until March 23. Being serviced today and MOTíd at main dealer, so not sure if PPI is necessary/appropriate.

For sale at a trader, itís in Blu Pozzi ( solid paint?) very dark almost black. Cuoio interior (tan colour), lots of options; Daytona seats, magneride suspension, 20Ē diamond rims, carbon driving zone with LEDís - amongst other stuff. No special handling package _ am not bothered about that (but should I be?)

Name
    jos

Default Welcome back

One piece of advice as some stuff seems to be moving quite quickly is not to lose an ideal spec for the sake of a few hundred quid

Try to figure out how long it has been for sale also if its dealer owned or SOR - I heard of a main dealer 458 going for about 10 % under asking recently as an example of what might (but not necessarily will) be possible

Good luck
    Last edited by jos; 29-05-2020 at 10:53 AM.

ronrob is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Ronald Brown

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpete View Post
    Thanks,

Itís a 2016 16 plate Cali T, 5000 miles, owners, balance of warranty until Mar 22, and service package until March 23. Being serviced today and MOTíd at main dealer, so not sure if PPI is necessary/appropriate.

For sale at a trader, itís in Blu Pozzi ( solid paint?) very dark almost black. Cuoio interior (tan colour), lots of options; Daytona seats, magneride suspension, 20Ē diamond rims, carbon driving zone with LEDís - amongst other stuff. No special handling package _ am not bothered about that (but should I be?)
    Nothing to add that can help you technically with the purchase. Just wanted to say that, IMO, the colour is just the best choice possible. It is, indeed a solid paint, proposed by Ferrari in recognition of the sole importer of the marque into France, Charles Pozzi (where my humble 355 came from, unfortunately not in Pozzi Blu). Congratulations!

Name
    Grant

When I was buying mine last year, red high spec low mileage ones were going before I could phone up or see them, blue ones of similar spec seemed to sit there for months. Just my observation from last year. If you like the colour just go for it.

Try to get some PPF fitted if itís not done, I got them to paint the whole front because of stone chips, fit track PPF pack, [ whole front up to windscreen, plus A post, mirrors, side skirts] change the wheels, deliver in covered transporter and 1k off! The sales man had to go to see the manager 3 times.
    They are great cars, you can fit so much stuff in them to keep your wife happy and are fun to drive. We did a 3000 mile trip in Spain last year and loved it.

Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by wheels1 View Post
    When I was buying mine last year, red high spec low mileage ones were going before I could phone up or see them, blue ones of similar spec seemed to sit there for months. Just my observation from last year. If you like the colour just go for it.

Try to get some PPF fitted if itís not done, I got them to paint the whole front because of stone chips, fit track PPF pack, [ whole front up to windscreen, plus A post, mirrors, side skirts] change the wheels, deliver in covered transporter and 1k off! The sales man had to go to see the manager 3 times.
    They are great cars, you can fit so much stuff in them to keep your wife happy and are fun to drive. We did a 3000 mile trip in Spain last year and loved it.
    Thanks for all of your replies, gives me a bit more confidence.

Trying to get the finance figures to where I am comfortable at the moment. Observation is that Lease Purchase balloon residuals from Main dealers are much higher than those offered by Oracle/JBR Capital etc. I would be happier with a guaranteed residual, but they are really low.

So, my biggest worry is depreciation, but there isnít a crystal ball on this issue! So, itís a 4 year old Cali T at £100K and the guaranteed residual after 4 years is £43.2k.
    (With c 25k miles ) An 8 year Year old Ferrari for £43k seems quite conservative, seeing as there are 2012 Californiaís at dealers which are still £75k+

Name
    Sam Tourick

I think with the warranty and service pack is good news, also having just been serviced anything thats not right should be picked up on and reported. I spoke with the dealer I purchased mine from and he said cars over 50-60K have been harder to sell in the last year so haggle with them for the best deal and also on the finance rates which are at a all time low, dealers make big commission on finance deals! If you keep up the main dealer history I really would not worry about future values there also someone who wants that genuine right car when you come to sell it. I bought my 1st Ferrari F430 spider 3 years ago and never regretted it and absolutely love it. Once you own one you just want to buy another one, well I do.
    Good luck

Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSam View Post
    I think with the warranty and service pack is good news, also having just been serviced anything thats not right should be picked up on and reported. I spoke with the dealer I purchased mine from and he said cars over 50-60K have been harder to sell in the last year so haggle with them for the best deal and also on the finance rates which are at a all time low, dealers make big commission on finance deals! If you keep up the main dealer history I really would not worry about future values there also someone who wants that genuine right car when you come to sell it. I bought my 1st Ferrari F430 spider 3 years ago and never regretted it and absolutely love it. Once you own one you just want to buy another one, well I do.
    Good luck
    Thanks for responding. I am dealing with finance brokers directly and not through the trader. I am finding it difficult to get an APR Of less than 6.9%, and that also goes for the Ferrari dealers too - does anyone know how low Main dealers will go with finance APR? With the BoE base rate being almost zero, these rates seem a little high.

Are there any other recommendations for brokers other than Oracle and JBR Capital?

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Fast car finance; speak to Andy. Fcfinance.co.uk

From any conversation, Iíve not heard of a lower finance rate. If you have a mortgage can you put it on there? My yacht; sorry I mean ďhouse extensionĒ went on the mortgage some genuinely do allow it!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast