Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Mark's 360 F1

Mark Blanchard is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Mark Blanchard

It says primary route. Can you not drive on B roads or is that not an option?

tom is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Tom

I think they changed their minds anyway and, after a scouting run in my 911 yesterday, I got the Ferrari out for a good blast today. Will post some pictures in my own thread in the Club section and stop hijacking yours now, Mark

Name
    Mark Blanchard

Have taken the 360 to a few Thames Valley FOC events and a local show yesterday. I'm loving this car.

I found out the exhaust is a Stage 2 Tubi, that will explain why you can hear it from half a mile away.

Name:  456.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  115.5 KB

Name:  A.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  102.0 KB

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blanchard View Post
    Have taken the 360 to a few Thames Valley FOC events and a local show yesterday. I'm loving this car.

I found out the exhaust is a Stage 2 Tubi, that will explain why you can hear it from half a mile away.
    Fantastic you're enjoying the car so much

You'll know if it is a Tubi - All Tubi exhausts have a small metal plaque welded on to the exhaust near the top with Tubi Style (in sort of 3D stylised script), made in Italy then a build number on it. Have a look around, you should be able to find it. Think they are normally on the back of the exhaust on a 360.
    Last edited by Nosevi; 15-05-2022 at 03:11 PM.

Name
    Mark Blanchard

Yes I clocked it was a Tubi soon after I bought it when I saw the plaque, however I never knew it was a Stage 2. I didnít know about the build number so thanks for the information.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Yes I clocked it was a Tubi soon after I bought it when I saw the plaque, however I never knew it was a Stage 2. I didnít know about the build number so thanks for the information.

BSM is offline Del Boy's Reliant Robin Club Member
    Name
    Ben

How did you come to the conclusion it was a stage 2 exhaust Mark.

I love the tubi on mine also and have been told I can be heard approaching a number of times... I haven't gone down the route of investigating what stage mine is but I'm now intrigued

Name
    Mark Blanchard

Quote Originally Posted by BSM View Post
    How did you come to the conclusion it was a stage 2 exhaust Mark.

I love the tubi on mine also and have been told I can be heard approaching a number of times... I haven't gone down the route of investigating what stage mine is but I'm now intrigued
    I am told Stage I is normal level (slightly louder than the stock 360 exhaust), Stage II is loud and there was a Stage III but it was so loud it couldn't be used for everyday use.

Does the exhaust note drone in the cabin of your car at low speeds? If so it's most likely a Stage II.

Name
    Pete

I am told Stage I is normal level (slightly louder than the stock 360 exhaust), Stage II is loud and there was a Stage III but it was so loud it couldn't be used for everyday use.

Does the exhaust note drone in the cabin of your car at low speeds? If so it's most likely a Stage II.
    I think whoever told you that may be thinking of Capristos which have stage 1, 2 and 3. Tubi just has the two volumes - standard or 'Tubi Sound' which is quite a bit louder than a standard exhaust, sounds better but is sensible, and loud or '+Rumore' which is indeed extremely loud and up there with the stage 3 Capristo. Don't know if you can tell which it is from the plaque, both 'Sound' and '+Rumore' say 'competition use only' on most of them.

https://catalogue.tubistyle.it/ferra.../mufflers.html

Edit: These are the Capristo exhausts for the 360 (but it's the same 1,2 and 3 for other tipos). Usefully they give the dB over stock:

https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/en-...errari-360_518
    Last edited by Nosevi; 16-05-2022 at 12:31 PM.

Name
    Mark Blanchard

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    I think whoever told you that may be thinking of Capristos which have stage 1, 2 and 3. Tubi just has the two volumes - standard or 'Tubi Sound' which is quite a bit louder than a standard exhaust, sounds better but is sensible, and loud or '+Rumore' which is indeed extremely loud and up there with the stage 3 Capristo. Don't know if you can tell which it is from the plaque, both 'Sound' and '+Rumore' say 'competition use only' on most of them.
    Yes that's what I originally thought, so I have been misinformed then!

This is from there website:

The three kits are different for the sound level:

- A standard Tubi sound, that is louder than OE exhaust
    - A louder sound
    - A silenced sound, that permit to use the car inside European Urban tracks with dB limitations.

https://www.tubistyle.it/ferrari-360...ystem/?lang=en

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast