Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Recent content by F328NVL

1. F328NVL

2016 UK Dino Market

An American over on Fchat got a bit excited about my views on monetary policy and the issue of reserve currency status on the demand for US Dollars. The blurb is, as usual, here: http://www.honestjg.com/2016/12/dino-market-2016.html
  2. F328NVL

Fiat / Abarth 124 Spider

My days of 500 BHP monsters seem to be receding along with my hair. I therefore started looking for a fun car that was light and nippy. We've had MX5s and, say it quietly, they are brilliant, but there is a whiff of the Salon about them. You enjoy the car, but it's a slightly guilty pleasure...
  3. F328NVL

Survey on Street Papers

Apologies to all who are not interested, but some of you may know I have an academic identity as well as a car one. We are currently looking at street papers in London. If any of you were minded to fill out a short questionnaire I'd be grateful. It is here...
  4. F328NVL

Sportscar Protection Perfection Detail Ferrari Dino 246GT

Confirmed. Dave's done at least three of my cars over the years. He did my V12 Vantage Roadster for Salon Prive last year (one day job, not all week) and it still looks like it did when he left, give or take a bit of mud and spider crap. I now tell Aston Martin not to clean the car when they...
  5. F328NVL

2015 Ferrari Dino Market Review

For the last decade or so I have collated data on Dino prices. Each new year I publish a summary of it. The full data is here: http://www.honestjg.com/2015/12/2015-ferrari-dino-market-review.html (as usual not commercial in any way) A taste is below.
  6. F328NVL

3 Years With a C63 AMG: The Verdict

After 3 years with a C63 AMG I feel qualified to opine. This car is stupid. Very, Very Stupid Indeed It is thirsty, uncomfortable and has too much power. It looks like a German Estate car, which is what it is, but goes like a Saturn Five rocket on a roller skate. You learn to ignore...
  7. F328NVL

What would you do?

I displayed my V12 Vantage Roadster at Salon Prive and invited kids to sit in and enjoy themselves. It's a car and it's for fun, other people's as well as mine. Lighten up or leave it a home under a dust sheet.
  8. F328NVL

Salon Prive - Display & lunch (saturday 5th September 2015)

Me and my new friends, until they gave the prizes to the wrong people! And Dave Bowerman still polishing to perfection or reflection if you prefer.
  9. F328NVL

Aston V8

Eight years ago I drove from coast to coast in an Aston Martin V8 Vantage. It was brand new and, at the time, was the car on everyone’s lips. . I was very disappointed indeed. Not only could I not make a Nissan go away on a dry straight clear motorway, when I got to Torquay I got out and my...
  10. F328NVL

New Budget Road Tax rules good or bad news??

The impact in numbers. Up to a maximum of 4.9% of the value of a new car. It is not surprising that people who are paying more tax dislike it (me if I replace my C63 AMG this year). It is not surprising that people here think they will pay more (me again). The question is whether it is fair...
  11. F328NVL

The Budget 2015: £3.48bn in new taxes on cars!

The Budget 2015: £3.48bn in new taxes on cars! The cost to vehicle owners of simplification of Vehicle Excise Duty over the next six years is £3.48bn. Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/summer-budget-2015/summer-budget-2015#budget-policy-decisions Don't believe me? Well...
  12. F328NVL

Ferrari prices increasing daily!!!

And guess what - Quentin Wilson in Classic Car Magazine think that this month's undervalued car is.... The Daimler Dart!!!!!
  13. F328NVL

Ferrari prices increasing daily!!!

A Modern Fairy Tale Chicken- Licken found a piece of jigsaw. On the back it said “a piece of sky”. He thought hard about this. Being a bird-brain he concluded, that the sky was falling in. Fearing the end of the world he decided to go and see the king. Quite what an hereditary monarch was...
  14. F328NVL

Sale of F355 Spider: Dealer v Auction v Private

As noted on here I sold my F355 this week. I bought it from a dealer for £35.5k in 2012. In the masses of paperwork that accompanied it there was an invoice showing that the dealer had bought it from his client for £29k. So the first interesting thing was the dealer’s margin was about 22%...
  15. F328NVL

A Customer Rants at Mini Sytner

Sytner who sold me a 2005 Mini Park Lane didn’t bother to tax the car. It made them £205.00 profit. I didn’t know this because, not knowing the regulations had changed, I had assumed that the car would be taxed: After all how would they deliver it if it was still SORN (i.e. untaxed and hence...