Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Recent content by irarref

1. irarref

Nice video about Classiche

2. irarref

SuperCar Clinic - bolton

I always thought the goto place in the North West was A & E Engineering https://www.ae-performance.co.uk/
  3. irarref

348 black side stripe

If you put "car pinstripe tape black 5mm" into Amazon you can buy it. I have about 2m of it I bought from either Ferrariparts or Eurospares (can't remember which) which you're welcome to but it has got slightly creased. Just DM me your address if you want it.
  4. irarref

348 DIY "Restoration"

When I got my car back from the body shop they had put the wing mirror back on (the stem had started bubbling) but when it was put on the gasket had drooped a bit so I decided to remove the mirror and refit it with the gasket properly sited. It would have been nice just to buy new ones but they...
  5. irarref

348 DIY "Restoration"

Thanks Malc. Had a busy day today doing some fettling :) One of the things I don't like about the 348 when compared to a 355 is the way the inside of the rear of the front wings have like a step inwards in the colouring which just doesn't flow for me. Using some flexible body tape I masked...
  6. irarref

348 door rewiring

Did you electrician use the tool and pins that you supplied to fix the socket or did he use his own? Just wondering as I was going to order the pins and tool you mentioned above
  7. irarref

348 DIY "Restoration"

Yes, MAF rebuild (although highly expensive) has resolved my running problems so worth doing. I did a couple of other little fixes too that I came across whilst investigating but it does look like the MAFS were 95% of the problem. The intention was to buy a scissor lift but after a stroke and...
  8. irarref

348 DIY "Restoration"

Just got my car back from the body shop this morning and I think my paintman took a shine to it LOL
  9. irarref

348 DIY "Restoration"

They mix it for you - I took my car in but I'm sure a sample would do.
  10. irarref

348 DIY "Restoration"

I did want to swap the headrest over to the driver's seat as my original was in a bit better condition but after practicing on the old seat I decided against it. The theory is you lever up the plastic surrounds on the headrest and once they are free you can jiggle/pull the headrest out but when...
  11. irarref

348 DIY "Restoration"

Yes - its Buffalo - they are only about 10 mins from me so I can call in and buy stuff without waiting for delivery :)
  12. irarref

348 DIY "Restoration"

And the end result - driver's seat with a working recliner - both seats upgraded to the later style lever pulls and both seats retaining the shoulder guides - very pleased as it took me the best part of 2 days to do it all including all the dying. I also raised the old seats to get a better...
  13. irarref

348 DIY "Restoration"

Close-up of the panel lug. I actually colour-coded these as they look silly being a black dot in the middle of the seat. To help seat it I used a screw driver inserted into the hole for the plug to make it easier to locate the panel in the correct place.
  14. irarref

348 DIY "Restoration"

Now to make the passenger seat have the matching recliner lever. I was dreading doing this as it was so much work doing the drivers side then it suddenly dawned on me that I might get away with just swapping the surround panels and the lever :) First remove the lever which is held on by a...
  15. irarref

348 DIY "Restoration"

All done - youd never know the difference apart from I have a the shoulder seat belt guide as per earlier cars but the later style recliner lever. Only dilemma I have now is whether to do the passenger seat so they match....mmmm!!!