Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Search results

1. Mike01606

328 gts RHD 1989 ABS model for sale

Someone is going to get a lovely and well sorted car there Paul. I wish I had the spare! GLWS 👍
  2. Mike01606

FF engine failure

“Fit for purpose and last a reasonable length of time”? I’d argue a quarter of a million quid car should last longer than 16k miles and 8 years especially when Ferrari have looked after it throughout. I think a court would agree also….. stand your ground.
  3. Mike01606

Why so colour sensitive.

Just about nailed it Adrian 👍
  4. Mike01606

Giles’ 360 Modena on-line scrapbook

A good description of the wheel options on Voicey’s blog including those late ones. I saw a set of new ones advertised for £800 a few years back https://aldousvoice.com/2012/11/21/ferrari-360-wheels/
  5. Mike01606

360 wheels aren’t magnesium Giles…they’re an aluminium alloy. Look for a material code on them. Something like AlSi…. 355 have magnesium content and need treating with a conversion coating before finishing. They’re hygroscopic and can be a nightmare to refurb. I believe some restorers won’t...
  6. Mike01606

Agreed….. do the same test again in a month or two? That’s the difference I see in high quality waxes. They just last for ages.
  7. Mike01606

Giles’ 488 Scrapbook

Lovely car Giles….. well done 👍
  8. Mike01606

F430 random gearbox / clutch problem

Sticking release bearing? Needs connecting to a diagnostic whilst running to see what is going on.
  9. Mike01606

how do I turn over the 360 without the engine starting

I just used to turn mine over with the immobiliser active although I believe some cars won’t turn over if immobilised?
  10. Mike01606

Prepurchase Inspection

Which model is it? Maybe try Tim at Walkersport.co.uk or Adam at AE Performance Engineering (Adam is a tech but has done inspections). Nick Cartwright has a great reputation over here and you should be able to buy with confidence.
  11. Mike01606

328 Service And MOT due

About the same workspace I had!
  12. Mike01606

Integration with Tapatalk app

👍 Images were the issue with the old platform that Tapatalk solved. If you did a thread with multiple pics it wasn’t easily doable on a web browser. A 10MB limit should work fine.
  13. Mike01606

Integration with Tapatalk app

Is this possible going forward? FChat works with it but I’m not sure what platform they use now.
  14. Mike01606

photos

Having to resize photos is a bit of a killer bug. It was why I’d use Tapatalk. If you’re uploading more than one or two it’s just not worth the hassle.
  15. Mike01606

360 won’t start / turn over ?

The last pic is a trace of the fixed contact shapes as the kit I bought had the right plunger but incorrect fixed contacts.
  16. Mike01606

F430 Ball Joint Extractor Tool(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Mike01606

Various 360 parts

I've started to clear out of my spares cupboard and have the following 360 parts. I will list on eBay at some point in the near future but will price them higher to cover the eBay/Paypal costs. All prices include UK mainland shipping by RM 2nd Class. Hill Engineering Upper Bush Gearbox Tool...