Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Search results

1. mon the fish

How do you store yours

I'm not sure I would start the car just to let it idle - it will take a lot longer to get to operating temp than actually driving it (prolonging the damaging warm-up phase); and I'm sure I read somewhere it's not as good for the engine to idle, far better to have some load on it
  2. mon the fish

F430 New owner diary inc. maintenance & upgrades

Images all working fine for me, nice update
  3. mon the fish

How do you store yours

Forgot to say I also top up the tank and add fuel stabiliser - if nothing else it feels like a free tank of petrol when spring comes round
  4. mon the fish

How do you store yours

Too much salt here for 5 months of the year to risk using mine. I do pretty much what you do - heated, dehumidified garage; trickle charge; covered; tyres to 45psi and tyre savers. Never had a problem that was related to inactivity
  5. mon the fish

How do you buy a Ferrari ?

I knew I wanted a 550, however living in Aberdeenshire meant any viewing of cars was likely to prove expensive and time consuming. So I made a shortlist of the ones I liked from what was available, got a PPI on the top one, agreed a deal, paid for it, then collected it. I hadn't driven it or...
  6. mon the fish

Giles’ 360 Modena on-line scrapbook

I live here and I get bothered about the daily getting that salty, never mind the toys!
  7. mon the fish

A93 is the highest public road in the UK and only an hour from me, enjoy - not much snow about this year so you shouldn't have any skiers to worry about. Stop at The Bothy in Braemar for a coffee
  8. mon the fish

Windscreen replacement

Had mine done a few years ago at the local AutoWindscreens place. I think the bill came to £1,300 in total - a new seal had to come from Maranello, which wasn't cheap
  9. mon the fish

Ferrari & Supercar Market

If you use Chrome, the AT Price Tracker extension is great - it shows you the change in price of a car listed on Auto Trader. Very interesting to watch the price reductions at Porsche dealers the last few months
  10. mon the fish

Ferrari vs. Aston Martin: Truly Competitors?

This is the thing, isn't it? You're not buying any of these cars with your head - it's an emotional, irrational purchase and I would tend to think that you've already decided what you want before you set foot in the showroom. Great analysis as always - it's interesting to see that despite the...
  11. mon the fish

They look great for the mileage, which confirms my suspicions about other cars I've seen being clocked. Many thanks for the photos, much appreciated - I'm always interested in how interiors hold up to mileage and use across different manufacturers
  12. mon the fish

Excellent stuff. How is the seat leather holding up with the mileage - do you keep the seat covers on most of the time?
  13. mon the fish

Why so colour sensitive.

On a related topic - if you're wondering about movement in prices, I've discovered a Chrome extension called AT price tracker. If you use Chrome to browse Auto Trader, it shows any changes in price since the ad was first listed. It's very interesting - there's a few things dropping in price...
  14. mon the fish

Why so colour sensitive.

There's a difference between a nice non-red colourscheme (blue with tan interior for example) and something that's more of an acquired taste, like the interior of that 458. There will always be a market for the former; as Pete says, a much smaller one for the latter. Personally, I despise an...
  15. mon the fish

New 430 owner with insurance question regarding imported f430

For some reason Locktons have never been competitive for me - and they admit they don't know why either. I'm over 40 and live in an area of the country where the only crime is the odd bit of sheep rustling. I'm with Footman James on some kind of collector's policy, which has saved me £1,500...
  16. mon the fish

New 430 owner with insurance question regarding imported f430

I've got no direct experience, but yes someone will be willing to insure it for you - for a price, of course. And that answers your second point - insurers look for any chance to increase a premium. I doubt it would be a huge amount more than an equivalent UK car though
  17. mon the fish

Oil pressure gauge in 360 Modena

I had similar in my 550 a few years ago, the needle went so far to the right it hit the stop. I think the terminals just needed cleaned IIRC
  18. mon the fish

348 DIY "Restoration"

Thanks. Do they mix the colour based on a sample of the leather or is their stuff a decent colour match anyway? I've got bordeaux seats
  19. mon the fish

348 DIY "Restoration"

Looking good :cool: Is that Buffalo leather restorer/dye you're using? Good results from it, which particular product is it?
  20. mon the fish

Prepurchase Inspection

I bought my 550 from Nick, and got Tim to inspect it for me as I live quite a distance away. It was and is a good car, but even so the inspection picked up on £2-3k worth of work needed (brakes and a few other small things IIRC) which Nick did no problem; but the inspection effectively paid for...