Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Search results

1. rivarama

550 wiper blade substitute for OEM

The passenger side wiper blade on my 550 doesn’t seem to be working as only 1/2 the blade is in contact with the windshield. Hence I decided to replace my passenger wiper blade and to source it myself from eurospare. Got a bit shocked when I saw that the part I am after (65081600) costs £147...
  2. rivarama

550 cam cover gasket weep

Hi All, After 9 super happy months of ownership of the 550, and using it regularly, I noticed a small weep of oil under the cam cover a couple of days ago as I was doing an inspection of the engine bay. The leak feels very small (nothing on the floor, not very wet looking etc...) I am going...
  3. rivarama

What 5,000 litres of petrol looks like

Might not be Greta Thunberg’s favorite picture, but the F430 just hit 30,000km (or 18k miles)... that’s about 5k litres of petrol gone quenching 500 horses’ thirst :-)
  4. rivarama

Car Matts for my 550

My 550 matts are in definite need of replacing. I remember a post discussing a great source of quality matts but I can seem to find it in the search. Any recommendation? Thank you
  5. rivarama

Replacement of spare key and FOB

I just bought a 550 which only comes w 1 set of keys as the current owner lost the spare over his ownership. Is there a way to get a new key cut and a FOB replaced and reprogrammed to match the one I have? Thanks for your input.
  6. rivarama

PPI around reading

Hi all- I have put an offer on a 550 and am starting to plan for a PPI in case the offer gets accepted. My preference would be for Aldous to do it, but he might not want to travel that far. Would recommend anybody who knows those cars and is happy to travel to Reading? Thank you
  7. rivarama

Forza288 feedback appreciated

They have nice cars in stock... anybody ever dealt with them? or know them by reputation? I find it difficult to find anything about them online. Thank you
  8. rivarama

Searching for a 550...

As some of you might remember, I toyed with the idea of owning a Ferrari about 3 years ago, having owned several sportscars prior to that, including Porsche 911s, Maserati granturismo etc... After doing much research, I embarked on a search process that would lead me 6months later into buying...
  9. rivarama

Wanted 550 maranello

Hello, I am looking for a 550 to add to my line up. Ideal specs (though a bit flexible) - color: silver, gray or blue TDF or Pozzi - LHD as most miles will be done in Europe, but would also consider a RHD - Mileage up to 50k I have the funds ready for the right car - no finance involved...
  10. rivarama

Aircon and Auxiliary belt

I just got my annual service done at my main dealer (prominent London MD). In addition to the set price service, I did a few things such as spark plugs and other little bits and bobs. The dealer also recommended I serviced the air con unit for £200, which I had done in 2017 already. I found...
  11. rivarama

Christian Lewis

Is anybody aware of any change of situation at Christian Lewis lately? I have called 3 times (and spoke to a secretary each time) and sent 2 emails over the past 3months asking for a quote on work to be done to my car. I specifically said I was recommended by Aldous Voice - whom to my great...
  12. rivarama

F430 tail light fixing kit

2 of my F430 tail lights are showing slight sign of vibrations. I am afraid it is the case of well documented cracked lamp posts. Following a bit of research it looks like it is a design issue and replacing them w OEM won’t solve that issue from rehappening again. Lots of people recommend using...
  13. rivarama

This looks cheap

Just saw this on PH https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ferrari/550/ferrari-550-maranello-lhd/9171065 Even if LHD this looks very cheap for a 1999 that’s averaged 2k miles a year. Anybody knows this car? Not that I need a second Ferrari in my stable, but for the right price and...
  14. rivarama

Have you ever heard your own car...

A friend of mine was over this week end, and we decided to go for a drive as the weather was lovely. We decided to swap cars half way (he drives a 911 TT and is used to super cars) as I want to hear the sound of my F430 from outside doing flybys, pull ups etc... I had never done that since I...
  15. rivarama

Took the wife and the red mistress to Paris

Decided to take the wife and the red mistress to Paris to make the best of this glorious first week end of Spring. I left the kids at home with the in laws, packed the car and drove down Friday morning. The car was 100% flawless over the 1,000km to Parks and back... what a wonderful trip.
  16. rivarama

2day road trip to Wales

Two mates and I want are planning a 2day road trip for March / April from London (where we all live) to Snowdonia, Wales. The idea is to avoid motorways as much as possible and take scenic routes all long. We know there are a lot of stunning B and C roads in Wales, and as typical Londoners, we...
  17. rivarama

Has anybody seen this car already

Price seems to be too good to be true... even for a LHD. Have prices on scuds softened that much as of late? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201808149482106 I am afraid of going for a test drive ;)
  18. rivarama

F430 18k major service

I took my 2008 F430 to HR Owen for the 18k major service (important Ferrari stamp before going with a trusted Indy) On top of the flat £1800 charge, they came up with a few little advisory items, which I will get sorted, but I would advice on the following ones: - Recommend change of spark...
  19. rivarama

Why so cheap??

Has someone seen that car? https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ferrari/348/1994-ferrari-348-spider/6798066#/home This is either a non runner/lemon or there is an error with this ad...
  20. rivarama

Second daily driver for under £30k

Second daily driver for under £30k Hi all, My wife and I took the decision to move the family out of central London house to move out to the Chorleywood / Rickmansworth area. Up to now we only needed 1 car which I used for my commute (MY13 Touareg) and 1 toy (MY08 F430) which I have had to...