What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

2015 Club Scuderia Committee Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murph7355

The 2015 Committee Election process has now started.

Positions for Election

There is 1 (one) Committee position up for election – tonyh (Tony’s) position.

RO

The Returning Officer will be Murph7355 (Andy).

Timetable

Saturday 28th Feb (Day 1)

Returning officer appointed by the Committee - COMPLETE.

Email out to members noting the election has started – COMPLETE.

Anyone wishing to stand for the position up for election should now PM the RO.

1100 2nd March (Day 3)

Window for submitting nominations closes. NB In case of query, timestamps on PMs will be the determinant on meeting this deadline!

RO posts names in the Announcement thread as they are received and will announce final list after 1100.

3rd March (Day 4)

Campaigning begins

Q&A thread created

Manifestos can be submitted to the Announcement thread via PM to the RO.

A single dedicated campaign thread can be set up by each candidate.

All club rules will be rigidly enforced (including PM rules see the Constitution pages if in doubt).

Midday 4th March (Day 5)

Voting opens.

As mentioned in the opening email, we will be using an internal "survey" to carry out the vote this year. The thread will be placed in the Club Lounge and the link also posted here. A final email reminder will also be sent.

Midday 6th March (Day 7)

Campaigning officially ends. ALL election threads will be closed. Alternative threads are NOT to be opened.

Midday 10th March (Day 11)

Vote closes.

Midday 11h March (Day 12)

Result announced no later than this date/time (to allow time for the RO to post outside of work hours).

Should you have any queries, please send a PM to "Committee".

Regards

The Committee

Candidate Announcement

Nosevi (Pete) has put his name into the mix for the open position.

Good luck Nosevi.

Candidate Announcement

Mon the fish (Gordon) has asked to stand for election.

Good luck mon the fish.

Nominations Closed

No further names have been submitted.

Tony (tonyh) has decided not to stand. I'm sure everyone will join me in thanking him for the amount of time he's put into the place. ClubScuderia wouldn't be the same without his input over the years. He's also a top bloke.

A vote thread will be opened in the club lounge per the timetable.

Manifesto - nosevi

Having been a member of Club Scuderia for a few years now, I put my name forward as I'd like to give something back to the club.

During the time that I've been a member I've tried to be involved with the club, not only online but also in the 'real world' by organising events for club members, most notably the RAF Scampton Families Days which raise money for 'Help For Heroes' and have been well attended by members in the past few years.

A position on the committee would allow me to further expand this aspect of the club. While I don't see Club Scuderia as in any way being a rival of the FOC (I'm a member of both), I do think there is more we can do to expand our events and meets in the future and this would be a focus of my time on the committee if I were to be elected. I have a background that includes organising large events, fund raising and being responsible for large budgets (the budget for running a military airfield is substantial) and would bring this experience with me if I am elected to the committee.

Although Gordon and I are running 'against' each other I think that voting for either of us would be a positive move. While it's obvious that there are far more of our beloved Ferraris 'down south' it's also true that the committee and active moderators are all from that part of the UK. Adding a committee member from north of Watford can only be a positive thing for the club as it will expand the committee's geographical footprint and I'm sure that, like me, Gordon would be active in promoting the club further afield.

Recent elections have seen an extremely small turnout. This is your club. Whether you want me or Gordon on the committee cast your vote. It's your club, your committee so your choice.

Oh, and the last thing I'll add is that if you vote for me I may even stop posting about golf......... although I'm going to leave that one as an 'aspiration' rather that electoral promise if that's ok :)

Manifesto - mon the fish

I'll try and keep the waffle to the minimum and keep this short.

I'm Gordon, 33 and live in Alford, NE Scotland. I run the Post Office in the village where I live.

I am a relatively new member on here (less than 2 years, and an owner for just over 1 year), and so far have only met one other member and spoke to one on the phone. However, I put myself forward for the position as I believe that you get back what you put in. It is important to me to contribute and help for the future of the forum. You have to volunteer and get involved. I'm not a prolific poster but I do want to help.

I am an enthusiastic owner, and would like to foster closer links with the FOC Area Groups. I am shortly to be confirmed as the AGO for my area, and will be doing all that I can to organise and promote events, encourage members to join here and contribute. I would also like to expand the geographical coverage of CS, so we have more representation across the UK. At times I almost feel like I could be your 'Continental Correspondent' (apologies to Jenks) :grin:

A forum is owned by its members, who should have the final say. Do we want closer links with the FOC, informal or formal? Should we organise more runs? Where? How about Cars and Coffee meets? Do we want closer links with either one or more dealers, for launches etc?

We need to be at a stage where either a prospective or new owner of a 599 for example signs up here as their first port of call, for all the info they need, and they then stay as both the social aspect (online and offline) and day-to-day running advice and support keeps them here.

Voting has started

The vote is now open.

As mentioned, we are doing this using the internal facilities available on the club's site this year. The vote thread can be found

HERE.

The vote will close automatically according to the timetable.

Election Result

The vote is now closed.

Nosevi (Pete) will be the new committee member with 21 votes to 8.

(New committee members take up their position at the end of March).

Big thanks to mon the fish for standing - it's good to see we have a number of people prepared to stand up and be counted.

Murph

Status
Not open for further replies.