What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

355: Changing rear dampers

Ric why did you compress the spring before removing the damper assy m8 theres no need, do it on the bench,and those spring compressors are a bit ify m8,borrow mine next time there built for that job and wont scratch the powder coating off the spring m8.

Ric why did you compress the spring before removing the damper assy m8 theres no need, do it on the bench,and those spring compressors are a bit ify m8,borrow mine next time there built for that job and wont scratch the powder coating off the spring m8.

I wasn't sure whether the damper was at full extension with the suspension unloaded, so compressed it first to make sure it didn't spring apart when I loosened the bottom bolt. Will know for next time :thumbsup: