What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

612 OTO First Time Owner

Abidk

Hi

Have done this backwards as I have already asked few questions about the 612, but thought I would do a short post to formally introduce myself and my car. First time Ferrari owner, based in Somerset. I have always loved the 575m and 612, finally took the plunge 2 weeks ago after 18 months of looking and sitting on the fence and cautiously bidding on cars, Colour is Grigio Silverstone with 16k on the clock. Looking forward to getting out later in the year to some meets.

Enjoy, they're quite a car it seems. I remember a Top Gear challenge through the Alps(?) and the car came out looking very good indeed. Throw up a couple of pictures when you get the chance :thumbsup:

599 is an epic car, looked at a few prior to this 612 but my heart was set on a 612 at the moment.

Does anyone know if it’s normal that there is so much heat coming through the windscreen? The windscreen is genuine Ferrari. Just never felt so much heat in any car coming through the windscreen.

599 is an epic car, looked at a few prior to this 612 but my heart was set on a 612 at the moment.

Does anyone know if it’s normal that there is so much heat coming through the windscreen? The windscreen is genuine Ferrari. Just never felt so much heat in any car coming through the windscreen.

That big V12 is a mid front configuration so it is way closer to you and the passenger compartment.

If you haven’t had a big capacity V12 before it’s quite a shock to the senses.

So the engine brings a lot of heat and the rake of the screen too. However if you are getting really hot it is likely the HVAC system has got an error or gone bad. I just had the compressor fail in my 599 and the cabin gets crazy hot. Could be that.

That big V12 is a mid front configuration so it is way closer to you and the passenger compartment.

If you haven’t had a big capacity V12 before it’s quite a shock to the senses.

So the engine brings a lot of heat and the rake of the screen too. However if you are getting really hot it is likely the HVAC system has got an error or gone bad. I just had the compressor fail in my 599 and the cabin gets crazy hot. Could be that.

Thanks, it must be the rake of the windscreen as the blowers seem to work fine albeit not as fast or hard as my German cars. It’s mainly the heat coming through the windscreen that I was concerned about as that’s definitely not something I have experienced before. I checked the windscreen in case it was non genuine etc but doesn’t seem to have ever been changed.

Going to see SI soon so will get them to check it as well.

Remember travelling many times across Germany in my 456GTM.

Wife and kids asleep, luggage in the back and empty roads - speedometer well into three figures

Overnight in Innsbruck...

Best way to travel still

Remember travelling many times across Germany in my 456GTM.

Wife and kids asleep, luggage in the back and empty roads - speedometer well into three figures

Overnight in Innsbruck...

Best way to travel still

Not sure I can do that in the 612, went out with the wife on the weekend and she thinks its too loud with a fair bit of cabin noise. I must admit I have to agree with her....oh well just means she can't sleep and has to listen to Springsteen on repeat or the v12 noise.

Not sure I can do that in the 612, went out with the wife on the weekend and she thinks its too loud with a fair bit of cabin noise. I must admit I have to agree with her....oh well just means she can't sleep and has to listen to Springsteen on repeat or the v12 noise.

have never used any hifi in any Ferrari I have owned - I always felt I was missing the aural pleasure of the ICE

have never used any hifi in any Ferrari I have owned - I always felt I was missing the aural pleasure of the ICE
I can relate to that. I rarely use the stereo except for long motorway journeys. Springsteen on repeat seems ok to me, there's a lot of material to choose from.

So do you think the exhaust drone is normal? As the OTO comes with the sports exhaust I believe…

Mine will also be motorways driving mainly especially now that the police often shut Cheddar Gorge to stop boy racers.

So do you think the exhaust drone is normal? As the OTO comes with the sports exhaust I believe…

Mine will also be motorways driving mainly especially now that the police often shut Cheddar Gorge to stop boy racers.

Could be as exhaust note is so subjective - my 466GT’s where very quiet and only really rasped when above 5,000rpm

The 599 is a different animal and really gets noisy when the valves open

Last edited: