What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

China GP

AJ3XX

I've only just woken up after watching this.

So dull !

And the worrying thing is, the Merc's were cruising for half the race. ROS seems to have already given up to HAM. Kimi did better but the whole thing was a car parade.

Marshall's attempt to clear the track was the only entertainment ......

I think they should introduce sprinklers on the track that come on for 20 minutes and any time without warning

....... or engines that randomly give way every other race or practice making the whole thing more of a lottery.

No wait! Renault have already introduced that one :grin:

Got to say I do think Ferrari are far closer to the Mercs than last year where the margin of win seemed to be dependant on how hard the Merc drivers could be bothered to push the throttle. They certainly seem to have leap-frogged the other teams quite convincingly over the winter. Hope their progress continues but they're certainly not there yet.

It was a total non event for the first six cars, although we had some good battles further back. That's the way it goes though with the ebb and flow of F1. It often alternates between dull and exciting :)

Kind of already given up on F1 this year, Mercedes being so fast will dominate just like last year :thumbsdow I now enjoy the MOTOGP much more now ducati seem to have a competetive bike :thumbsup:

I now enjoy the MOTOGP much more now ducati seem to have a competetive bike :thumbsup:
I've been watching the MotoGp for may years but now that's been taken from us by BT Sport. To be honest, I'm just really pissed off about it all and tend to watch the online live streams now instead. Bad quality but at least they're live.

I've been watching the MotoGp for may years but now that's been taken from us by BT Sport. To be honest, I'm just really pissed off about it all and tend to watch the online live streams now instead. Bad quality but at least they're live.

I don't have BT or SKY so have been watching ITV 4 8pm on the monday after a sunday race on freeview :thumbsup:

Kind of already given up on F1 this year, Mercedes being so fast will dominate just like last year :thumbsdow I now enjoy the MOTOGP much more now ducati seem to have a competetive bike :thumbsup:

Motogp wasn't any different this week. Good day for the Brits(apart from Redding).
I do think the F1 highlights were good and we hardly saw the leaders but there was a lot more coverage of the midfielders which will good for their sponsorship.
Early days in the season for both motogp and F1
ps both tracks were quite similar this week

I've only just woken up after watching this.

So dull !

And the worrying thing is, the Merc's were cruising for half the race. ROS seems to have already given up to HAM. Kimi did better but the whole thing was a car parade.

Marshall's attempt to clear the track was the only entertainment ......

I think they should introduce sprinklers on the track that come on for 20 minutes and any time without warning

I didnt think it was dull at all. Hamilton drove a champion's race very cleverly. And importantly for him it rattled the opposition.
Yes they were cruising, but so was everyone else, because sadly it looks like this season might be as much about tyre preservation as speed, but I don't think you can take anything away from the way Hamilton drove.
I think he's sussed 2015 already and how you need to drive, he'll probably dominate and there'll be further call of "dullness" but it wont be his fault, everyone else needs to catch up!

Brundle alluded in commentary that the raising of the front wing for 2015 has further reduced under car aero shifting focus to air over the car which has reduced the ability of cars to follow. T hats a shame because I don't think we heard "Dirty Air" last season.

I thought the Marshalling was actually quite poor.
We were robbed of a final lap dash by the time it took them to shift Vertappen's car, they'd been equally slow earlier in the race with another car.

Renault appears to have a big engine problem which is disappointing, but am more disappointed with Honda. I don't understand why they are so far behind given they had time "offline" to develop last season free from the burden of having to run a race team. With the performance of the Sauber Ferrari's I'm looking forward to when Manor get some 2015 spec bits.

As for sprinklers, that's been brought up before. Bernie either still does or did own Paul Ricard and they have sprinklers built into the track edge.

Biggest annoyance with F1 for me this season is that the timing app has changed, and I need to pay again for the sector times. I know its only £1 a race, and they do add value (to me) of a number greater than that, but still....

Rosberg's account of not being able to close up for a pass (unlikely anyway as I don't think he has actually ever passed LH) is made to look silly by the 17 year old in an underpowered Renault who got past several cars with higher top speeds

Rosberg's account of not being able to close up for a pass (unlikely anyway as I don't think he has actually ever passed LH) is made to look silly by the 17 year old in an underpowered Renault who got past several cars with higher top speeds

+1