What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Coming back to the fold...again!

Siy

Righto, have been away from the marque for a few years... Currently own a 1982 Porsche 911 SC Targa, but am missing the prancing horse, so selling the pork, to buy another California. Owned an F430 Spider Manual and sold it at the lows, then owned a 2010 Cali.... now I just miss it.

So looking to buy a Cali 30, or maybe if I get lucky, an early California T...... But its budget dependant.
Obviously I know the pros / cons of the original California, but am not so sure about the 30/T

It seems to me the answer is if you can afford a T then go for it... but they still seem quite expensive comparatively, and as much as I want the T, I am just not sure my budget will get there... I am looking £85 maybe 90k

Thoughts please ?

Good to be back... (almost!)

In truth the 30 makes little difference, if you've the choice and the std car is a better colour, spec, condition etc then don't hold out for a 30.

I had a T for a week or so and found it incredibly dull by comparison, it was an early car and I know the sorted the exhaust note but it runs out of revs so early, in the end i left it on the drive and took my BMW M135i instead

Very interesting - I didnt expect to hear that....
I would have expected that the T would have been a better drive.... Well, that certainly opens my choice up massively. Not overly suprised that the 30 doesnt add much over the original Cali though.

Thanks very much - the hunting begins! (gotta sell my old 911 SC first mind you!)