What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

European Championship

geoffpfc

It's good to see that N.I, Wales and England are still in Europe:laugh: let's hope for an England v N.I. or Wales Final:thumbsup:

Absolutely a shocking performance against Iceland, Rooney and Kane were awful completely fell apart in the second half.:thumbsdow:cry3::cry3:

Absolutely a shocking performance against Iceland, Rooney and Kane were awful completely fell apart in the second half.:thumbsdow:cry3::cry3:

Roy Hodgson's the main culprit, he's been the manager for 4 years and still doesn't know what his best is (was), he has as much charisma as that Corbyn chap, the team talks must be as interesting as being savaged by a dead sheep, he even had a prepared resignation speech:shocked:

The least he could've done was apologise to the usefull idiots who paid good money to travel to France, but on the bright side we did lose to a non-eu team:laugh:

Roy Hodgson's the main culprit, he's been the manager for 4 years and still doesn't know what his best is (was), he has as much charisma as that Corbyn chap, the team talks must be as interesting as being savaged by a dead sheep, he even had a prepared resignation speech:shocked:

The least he could've done was apologise to the usefull idiots who paid good money to travel to France, but on the bright side we did lose to a non-eu team:laugh:

And it had nothing to do with players 'worth' a collective £175m who didn't turn up and a captain who has never ever delivered on the big stage?

Chokers plain and simple.

The players and the premier league are nowhere near as good as the media would have us believe. Fed up with this 'best league in the world' p*sh - obviously no-one watches the Bundesliga.

I was out at badminton last night so missed the game, shame as I would have loved to have heard Tyldesley suffer [emoji23]

England have been Rubbish from the start. Just look at who we have played we should of walked the first round,and we just got through then to get Iceland in the next. Not as if we haven't got good players.
Luckily I'm supporting italy:thumbsup::grin:

Madness playing 5 spurs players - did they not completely fall apart at the end of PL season with a bit of pressure ??? failing to even finish what was virtually set-in-stone second place .... And I'm a Spurs supporter !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madness playing 5 spurs players - did they not completely fall apart at the end of PL season with a bit of pressure ??? failing to even finish what was virtually set-in-stone second place .... And I'm a Spurs supporter !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 and I'm not a Spurs supporter or at least not since Harry jumped ship at Pompey without saying goodbye:mad: just slunk off in the early hours of a Sunday morning.:thumbsdow

Ultimately the blame lays with Hodgson and his coaching stall, plus the FA for selecting him as manager, never a popular choice down here, after 4 years he still didn't know what his best team was and what system suited them, I would recommend that anyone who's interested to watch the BBC highlights (bit of a misnomer!) and hear the comments from Shearer and Ferdinand.

Hodgson should have issued a grovelling apology to the fans instead of his smug resignation, with the talent at his disposal he should be too embarassed to appear in public.

English football is pretty messed up from grass roots to the Premier League, mainly caused by the premier league and a weak and clueless FA. Nothing will change, all we be forgotten on the 6th August when the new season kicks off.

England will do nothing in Russia nor Qatar, so this sad state of affairs will continue for many years.

As for too many Spurs players = to my mind the only decent performances (Rashford excepted) came from Spurs players (Kane excepted in the Iceland game.

P.S. Nice to see other Spurs fans on here.

As for too many Spurs players = to my mind the only decent performances (Rashford excepted) came from Spurs players (Kane excepted in the Iceland game. ...
Who?

Dier, OK. Until he was sub'd.

Walker was awful (but I liked some of what he did in the group games).

Alli was worse (walking red card material).

Kane was asleep for 4 games.

Rose I have mixed feelings about. He's fast down the wing but it rarely amounted to much. And he's too small.

Well Wales won in style last night in the best match of the tournament:thumbsup: watching as a neutral it was a pleasure to watch . Could it be a Wales/Iceland final:wink3:

Well Wales won in style last night in the best match of the tournament:thumbsup: watching as a neutral it was a pleasure to watch . Could it be a Wales/Iceland final:wink3:

+1
Great game, they really played as a team but Portugal is going to be a tough game, but the way they played last night I wouldn't bet against them, especially if the can nobble ronaldo:wink3:

I am in Portugal at the moment and have watched all their games Ronaldo is playing crap. He is snatching at everything and won't relinquish things like the free kicks in which he hasn't scored in 40+ attempts for his country. Wales will beat them if they play the same as they did vs. Belgium. Portugal are nowhere near as good as Belgium.

I am in Portugal at the moment and have watched all their games Ronaldo is playing crap. He is snatching at everything and won't relinquish things like the free kicks in which he hasn't scored in 40+ attempts for his country. Wales will beat them if they play the same as they did vs. Belgium. Portugal are nowhere near as good as Belgium.

Agreed and I hope that that Portugal's prowess in taking spot kicks does not prove a determining factor.