What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

F430 Front bumper skid plates

Hill Engineering. Around £100 per pair in the UK. Tricky to fit unless you have a ramp as you need to drill holes beneath the bumper for small bolts which will be tricky to access. Some have used strong double sided adhesive tape but Hill don’t recommend that.

dont bother. came on my 355, all they do is reduce your ground clearance so actually counter productive

they spread any impact force back and out to reduce strain on the bumper - I’d highly recommend
If you are hitting something hard enough to be worried about distributing the impact load, local damage at the point if impact will be the least of your worries. whilst you might minimise local damage the impact loads will still be distributed to the bumper mounting points; and actually if you distribute loading as suggested none of the load will be dissipated locally and the bumper mounts will see more loading.

I like and prefer bumper skid plates as they do prevent scuffing the underside paintwork by easing the car over bumps when going slowly and carefully, useful when manoeuvring. As has been said Hill Engineering work well for this purpose and fit well using the supplied hardware.