What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari 360 F1 - First year ownership costs

Great thread, with some interesting and helpful information for people like me who are keeping an eye out on the market and waiting to find my dream car :sweethear
Good to see the yearly bills are generally not too shocking! Keep the info coming :thumbsup:

Great thread, with some interesting and helpful information for people like me who are keeping an eye out on the market and waiting to find my dream car :sweethear
Good to see the yearly bills are generally not too shocking! Keep the info coming :thumbsup:

Thanks Sarah.....

The running costs are very reasonable and if you or someone you know can do some of the work it makes them even better.
When you're ready, buy from the right place, taking advice from the right people and it should be a good experience.

I have a service late in the year and any advisories from that I tend to get sorted in May with the MOT so I see a couple of bills per year and can plan for that.

Just for completeness I thought I had an issue with the gearbox on my car a couple of months ago (You can get a bit paranoid particularly if you spend any time on FChat.)
Adam was busy so I took it to Migliore for an opinion and the service from Kevin was first class. There was nothing at all wrong with the car it seems I was just losing some confidence. For me occasionally I get a bit like that and consider selling it, but then a drive quickly removes any negativity :grin:

Thanks Sarah..... if you or someone you know can do some of the work it makes them even better.

Pigs might fly lol - can do sod all myself :laugh::laugh:

When you're ready, buy from the right place, taking advice from the right people and it should be a good experience.

I am a bit nervous of the whole buying thing, and dont want to end up buying a dud which will cost me loads.
I have been searching for a while now and a couple have peaked my interest - especially of late.
I have used the 'Jos 2015' search function on here to find reviews of dealers, as well as google searches. I am also regularly trawling the usual places looking at the ads including autotrader, pistonheads etc, as well as dealers own websites.
I have heard great reviews about Tim at Walkersport, so its likely he may get a phone call sometime :)

Year 4...........

Year 4 ownership grand total of £3077 excluding insurance tax and fuel and cleaning stuff.

Annual 2 service £778 inc coolant change.
CS TCU supply and install £1563
Seat trim repair £200
Rear brake discs and pads £245 (self change)
Fuel pipe £89.47
MOT £35
Misc eBay items (sat in spares drawer rapidly appreciating) £81
Wiper blades £20
Various other bits, bobs, fluids and a radiator cap make up the rest.

Again pretty consistent and the big ticket items were choices rather than necessity.

Mileage between MOTs....a disgraceful 1828 miles. Must try harder...... Car is now on 38k and 2.5k per year which is exactly what I've done (10k miles).

Clutch wear 2% in the year and not a CEL in sight in 4 years.......

Fuel was £485 out of interest and I average between 17 & 24 depending on use.

Belts due in September and I will have a bit of a customised major carried out........

Year 4 ownership grand total of £3077 excluding insurance tax and fuel and cleaning stuff.

Annual 2 service £778 inc coolant change.
CS TCU supply and install £1563
Seat trim repair £200
Rear brake discs and pads £245 (self change)
Fuel pipe £89.47
MOT £35
Misc eBay items (sat in spares drawer rapidly appreciating) £81
Wiper blades £20
Various other bits, bobs, fluids and a radiator cap make up the rest.

Again pretty consistent and the big ticket items were choices rather than necessity.

Mileage between MOTs....a disgraceful 1828 miles. Must try harder...... Car is now on 38k and 2.5k per year which is exactly what I've done (10k miles).

Clutch wear 2% in the year and not a CEL in sight in 4 years.......

Fuel was £485 out of interest and I average between 17 & 24 depending on use.

Belts due in September and I will have a bit of a customised major carried out........

Wow have just done more miles in one week...are you a junior doctor or something?

Just had a 3 year service again and went for the mileage based major which was pretty much everything down to PS fluid.
Menu pricing makes it not much cheaper to go annual plus belts.

A big thumbs up to Adam at AE again. No issues whatsoever and very meticulous.

The car needed engine mounts as they had compressed a bit and Martin at Stratstone's advised the challenge car mounts as they are £26 each versus £100 for Modena mounts (£60 at ES).

Adam fitted these during the service and what a difference!
They've tightened everything up in the drivetrain and the gear changes feel much better....[emoji106]

The CH mounts look identical to the Modena mounts so the only difference between them if anything could be the rubber stiffness.
NVH in the cabin has increased so that may back that up. Well worth the change though particularly in an F1......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mike I've been reading your thread and is great to see your running reports.
Sounds like you have a solid car. I'm thinking of part exchanging my 93 348ts for a 360 and there's so many to choose from.
Cheers.

Hi Mike I've been reading your thread and is great to see your running reports.
Sounds like you have a solid car. I'm thinking of part exchanging my 93 348ts for a 360 and there's so many to choose from.
Cheers.

Thanks Peter....

My recommendation for a 360 would always be to speak to Tim at Walkersport. He does inspections and knows many of the cars out there....

Mine has been a great car and a lot of the money I've spent has been attending to weak points and on upgrades rather than issues...

Good luck if you go that route [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike that's great.
I've spoken with Tim a few times in the past and a friend of mine just bought a black spider from him.

Will keep you posted.
Cheers.

Another year goes by.......

5 years in now.....

£117.67 Engine mounts and some spare wheel centres
£26.86 Front boot membrane
£1777 AE Performance - Full mileage based major service, install engine mounts, couple of other bits and bobs.
£35 MOT. No advisories
£120.79 New AGM battery

£96.99 eBay purchase - spare OEM exhaust (silencer damaged being delivered but outlet pipes and valves like new)
£23.19 Spare actuator position switches
£15 Service continuation book
£125.25 Android tablet, Bluetooth adaptor, diagnostic software

Grand Total £2337.96 exc RFL, insurance and fuel.

Mileage between MOT's 3530. Currently has ~40800 miles and 13k is my ownership.
Clutch wear -3%! (down not up)

Car needs a new set of tyres before we go to Europe in July. I would really like a racing exhaust if anyone knows of one for sale. I've tried a few leads but they went nowhere.

Costs overall pretty consistent with previous years......

Differs from owner to owner and car to car IMO

A good friend of mine purchased a very nice red 360F1 a few years back

Cost £60,000
Private Plate £1500
Detailing by pro-detailer £500
F1 Pump went bang and the car was deemed as needing a new clutch & flywheel £7000

This all excludes insurance, fuel etc

The car did 1000 miles across 1 year as his wife got the hump when he used it.

Car went on the private market at £45k - no enquiries

Reduced to £40k after several months of no enquiries

Offer received of £38k (with plate). Best & only offer accepted

Running costs (inc depreciation) £31,000 equating to £31 per mile

Needless to say that he never returned to Ferrari ownership

Yikes. A few years ago now but even so.
My ex-missus was pretty much the same in that respect when I had my Mondial.

That clutch at £7k, that's eye watering. I'd probably sell it afterwards if it was me as I'd be totally pissed off too!

Year 6 complete in a few days...…Wow!

Total maintenance spend £3551.09

Main items
Annual 2 plus a few bits and bobs was £666. Maybe a waste as I dropped the engine and trans oil out 400 miles later :cry:
Titanium wheel bolts £256
£900 on a clutch that is in my spares cabinet as it wasn't needed but Ferrari have hiked the price of a lot of parts at the end of 2017 so worth stocking.
£212 for HE gearbox bush extraction and clutch alignment tools.
£114 of trans oil
£40.55 on engine oil
£29 on 2 litres of Tutella CS speed F1 oil.
£110 on 2 rear outer light units
£300 on tyres.
£130 on refurbishing a used silencer.
£35 MOT
The rest was on a release bearing and various fixings, materials and parts for the release bearing change.

Mileage has been over 5000 in the last 12 months. I bought it with 28k now approaching 46k. It runs better than ever and I've had no real issues with it, not even a CEL.
Clutch wear is no different than last year circa 30%

Fuel costs were £1113.90 not included in the above.

I've just reinsured it today with three others cars through Chubb Masterpiece (AIB) so at least one of my kids can drive it. Expensive but well worth it.

Overall, if you look at the absolute necessity it could have been about a £1000. A lot of the spend has been improving the car.
I'm actually considering doing an annual myself this year and leave it to the major next year for belts and a full indy service.

Winter work will be a front suspension refresh (unless I can find a silver 458 ;))

Last edited:
you have got off lightly! my last year bill before selling was £8000 albeit £1500 was to correct some paint corrosion on the rear 3/4 panel, cambelt change, ball joints etc. etc.
the year before I broke the syncromesh on 3rd gear - apparently a weak point on the manual... that was near enough £3k as it was 18 hrs labour!
I did enjoy mine but I certainly had some big costs in the 4 yrs I had mine.