What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Hello & does anything regular happen around the North Lincolnshire Area?

BSM

Hi All,

I should be collecting my first F-car later this month :grin:

It's been a lifetime goal to have a Ferrari in the Garage by the time I'm 40 and am happy to have finally agreed a purchase 3 years before my self imposed deadline! The current wait until collection day is killing me and I don't even want to think about how many additional hours of planning, reading and researching I have done since closing the deal. PPI has now also been complete and I am happy enough with all points noted within.

I realise it is getting a bit late in the year now, but I was wondering if there are many active members from around the North Lincolnshire areas on here and if there are any regular meets / rides out?

Car will be getting serviced and some minor fettling done throughout the winter - as i guess most owners do during the depths of winter. I'm hoping this will be enough to keep me semi-occupied and get me properly familiar with the new addition to our garage in preperation for our first full year of ownership next year.

I look forward to getting to know some of you better through use of the forum and hopefully meeting some likeminded people as our journey in to Ferrari ownership begins.

Cheers,
Ben.

Hi Ben and welcome to Club Scud.

There aren't that many members in our neck of the woods (I'm just south east of Lincoln) and most of the Club Scuderia drive outs etc tend to be either Wales for a weekend away or further south. We used to occasionally meet at the Sharnbrook hotel near Bedford (I organised a couple of meets there myself) but we haven't done for a few years now. I also used to organise meets at Scampton when I was stationed there but again, no longer there so haven't organised one in a few years.

The local Ferrari Owners' Club Area Group is pretty active. I'm not currently a member but I have been for most of the years I've owned my car. It's run by Mark Wibberly who's a relatively active member on here. He also owns a car detailing sales place called More Than Polish as well as some 'spin-off' ventures such as Race Glaze waxes. I don't want to hand out contact details on the open forum (and I note from your other post you can't PM as you're not subscribed) but if you reply to his latest post I'm sure he'll see your post. If not you can get in touch with his through More Than Polish.

https://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/foru...er-for-your-Ferrari-cover&p=845929#post845929

I'm more or less done car wise for the summer, might get a blast out if the weather and time allows, but hopefully meet up at some time in the future.

I should be collecting my first F-car later this month :grin:

Welcome you tease you :wink3: What is it you're getting :thumbsup:

Another option is obviously to look for events in Yorkshire where again the local FOC is quite active and (I'm told) the SCD group - don't forget the ownership density is far lower than for most makes so the likelihood of very local events is low since there simply aren't enough local owners who want to drive their cars

Hi Pete & Jos,

Firstly, many thanks for your reply and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Apologies Jos, rookie error on my part in failing to clarify what arguably should have been the the most important piece of information in my first post!! I've taken the plunge on a 2000 360 Modena F1. The car has averaged 2k miles per year over its 21 year life to date so it's no low mileage garage queen! It was however heads and shoulders above some other examples I travelled to view which had less than half the mileage recorded on the odometer :hmmm: and the service history is both very well documented and present. All due diligence complete was reassuringly good and I have had a PPI complete by Grimaldi Engineering too.

Spec wise: Rosso Corsa, Crema Racing Seats, Crema/Nero dashboard and Tan carpets. The car also has front & rear challenge grilles, Stradale TCU and a Tubi exhaust too... I can'tbloody wait for collection day which should hopefully be around 23rd :grin:

Only compromise from my dream spec was the F1 transmission although having the Stradale TCU fitted, the F1 system is greatly enhanced in both performance and hopefully clutch wear too...

We're based around 5 miles from S****horpe so not too far from either Lincoln, the Lincolnshire Wolds or Yorkshire so I am hopeful we will be able to get out and about to meet some other F-Car owners :thumbsup: I'm only aware of one other car local to us which is a lovely F355 from the next village along from us and I haven't seen this for a couple of years either so not even sure the gent still has it.

I'll have a look in to joining up the FOC if the regional group side of the membership is worth being involved with? Is it a simple case of signing up and handing over a fee for annual membership once I've taken ownership of the car or do you need a referral/recommendation from within the club to join? I've also been looking at SCD too which may make it's way on to the Christmas wish list for Mrs M to consider :tongue3:

Well I think that's enough rambling from me for now, good to meet you gents and hopefully get to meet you both at some point over the coming year.

I'm sure you'll see many requests for information and advise over the coming winter months so feel free to chime in and share any thoughts and knowledge where you can.

Ben.

I'll have a look in to joining up the FOC if the regional group side of the membership is worth being involved with? Is it a simple case of signing up and handing over a fee for annual membership once I've taken ownership of the car or do you need a referral/recommendation from within the club to join? I've also been looking at SCD too which may make it's way on to the Christmas wish list for Mrs M to consider :tongue3:

Hi Ben. Your best bet is to get in touch with the Area Group Organiser (Mark Wibberley in Lincolnshire's case although Yorkshire would be just as close for you) and ask to pop along to a meet to see if it's your cup of tea. No need to join before doing that. You don't need a recommendation, simply being a Ferrari owner is the only requirement.

Thanks Pete, I will make contact with Mark in the new year to see about coming along to a couple of events or meets to get an idea of what the clubs all about and if we fancy joining up :)

Hi

Thanks Pete for the introduction, I have pretty well the same car - a 2002 360 Spider F1, but the Lincs Area Group of the Club amalgamated back with the East Midlands AG from whence it came in January last year.

I ended by 8 year stint as AGO of the lovely Lincs Group almost 2 years ago, where I made some great frineds and enjoyed some excellent meets and trips.

The Group now meets primarily by the M1 so is a bit of a hike tbh, but is jointly run by a Lincs member so has some gravitational pull our way (I'm in Stamford).

Enjoy the car, I'm sure you'll build up some folks to drive out with, Drivers Union may also be worthwhile (I'm a member of that too)

Enjoy the car, and dont spare the horses...

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the welcome, wishes on the incoming addition to our stable and introducing yourself :thumbsup:

The wait and anticipation on the run up to collection day in a couple of weeks is killing me :cry3: I'm not one for wishing my life away but the next couple of weeks can't pass quickly enough!

Sounds like you've got a lovely example of the 360 there too. Hopefully we'll be able to meet sometime for a nosey around each others cars and maybe even go for a blast.

Thanks for the pointer on Drivers Union, I'll have a look at that too.

Cheers,
Ben.