What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

308 windows

sweeni

Im sure this will have been the subject of past threads but I would be grateful for your recommendations please.
My 308 has had a lot of money spent on it over the last 3 years but the windows, which have not been touched, are desperately slow.
I realise that I probably need to check how many volts are actually getting to the window motors and everything needs to be squeaky clean and lubed.
Did I hear that boosters are available and is there any other advice you good folks can provide?

Ive tried the boosters etc on other cars and wasn't very impressed.

On my 308, I stripped everything out, guide wheels, motor etc and cleaned, re-greased everything. I also installed new rubber / felt channels to the glass side guides.

They now work perfectly, except for the very last few mm where it sits against the targa top seal, they just slow up, but Im not expected a super-tight fit given the age of the car