What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348 Speaker change

Hi team,

I am in the process of fitting a Pioneer head unit (DEH80PRS) and want to upgrade the speakers - I have read some threads on here with regards to the magnets needing to be a certain size or you have to cut into the doors etc. I want to keep everything original looking and not modify the doors at all, so my question is, what speakers do you have in your 348/355 that fit straight in, no mods?

Thanks

Paul

Peter,

I put alpine sxe-17252 6 1/2 inch in. Strait swap for the originals.

I also put some stinger roadkill sound damping proofing in. Not sure if it made a difference or not but as I had the door cards off thought I might as well.

I didn’t change the little tweeters in the dash.

Cheers

Well after days of research I have decided to order a pair of JBL 6.5” speakers - lets hope they fit. I will keep you guys up to date with the progress as I am sure people will find it handy for future reference. I will be fitting a Pioneer DEH80PRS high end head unit and the best standard speakers I can get in the limited space. I am certain this will go for 355 owners too so lets see how it turns out. I am keeping the original speakers and head unit in case I ever sell the car and the purchaser wants it “factory”.

Keep looking for updates :thumbsup: