What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348TS Folding roof

Cauf61

Hello

Because i have sold my 348 TS i am selling my good as new black folding roof.
Not original but very good quality.

Please pm for pictures.

1450 euro plus shipment

How well does this fit? From research I believe there were two variants.
Also - what are we looking at all in shipped to the States

There were. This is a copy of the lighter weight original type which is that I have. The heavier weight ones were I think produced in the States and not produced by Ferrari, they were more as a replacement for the standard targa whereas the lighter roofs are less bulky and are more to sit on the parcel shelf in case you get caught out by a shower. I know of owners who use their light weight targas all the time though. As long as they’ve not shrunk over time they do a good job of keeping the inside of the car dry.

I fits good. But for me it was a emergency solution for if I was expecting possible rain.
Because I was to big to put the targa roof behind the seats this was a super solution.
When the folding roof was on I did keep my speed at maximum 130 km/hr though for safety.

For me Ferrari did NEVER sold this. So all folding roofs are after brand.
I will check shipping at DHL/UPS.

Grts
Patrick

For me Ferrari did NEVER sold this. So all folding roofs are after brand.

Grts
Patrick

I'm not sure you're correct there, Patrick.

The ones which are said to be originals came with a speed restriction sticker and card in the languages found in the user manual. Hardly definitive proof but the catches where it hooks onto the front windscreen surround are the same mould as the upper half of the normal targa clamps and the vinyl used is the same as that used in a couple of places in the car. The fabric is also the same as the roof of a Spider I've seen (although I don't know if that was original or retrimmed). I got mine second hand but it came in what was said to be it's original box which was definitely Ferrari packaging - I've bought enough of those expensive yellow boxes to know :laugh:

So it's possible you're right but over the years someone went to a great deal of trouble to make one particular type look original.

It matters not I guess, original or not they're a great addition to the car and allow you to put your seat all the way back and drive in comfort with the roof off while also not scratching the original targa from having to stow it. I wouldn't want to part with mine :)

As I say, it doesn’t really matter much either way - original or aftermarket they do a great job :)

Please inbox me full price shipped. I'm responding to your posts and trying to send a messages but all of my posts go to review and I'm not able to send direct messages.

Please inbox me full price shipped. I'm responding to your posts and trying to send a messages but all of my posts go to review and I'm not able to send direct messages.

There seems to be a glitch with your account, normally an account is activated as soon as the first post is approved but yours doesn't seem to be activating. I am approving your posts each time I log in so although they are delayed Patrick can see them.

It's happened to accounts before and can take a few days to sort out. If you want to speak to Patrick off thread and can't due to a block on your messages it may be quicker to set up and post a Hotmail address on here so Patrick can contact you directly. either that of wait and we'll try to sort out your account - I've flagged the issue in the management area.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

There seems to be a glitch with your account, normally an account is activated as soon as the first post is approved but yours doesn't seem to be activating. I am approving your posts each time I log in so although they are delayed Patrick can see them.

It's happened to accounts before and can take a few days to sort out. If you want to speak to Patrick off thread and can't due to a block on your messages it may be quicker to set up and post a Hotmail address on here so Patrick can contact you directly. either that of wait and we'll try to sort out your account - I've flagged the issue in the management area.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Here is my email : cauf61(at)gmail.com. Easier.