What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

458 Spider - what are the must haves when buying one of these?

I know of at least two Lamborghinis in the past year that were sold by main dealers and subsequently found out to have inaccurate mileages. I believe the dealers didn't quibble and bought them back immediately but it happens more often than people think.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

That makes it really hard to trust any car but I suppose, as these cars are so mileage sensitive, there must be a good market for “mileage correction” services.
I’m wondering how, presumably a dealership has bought the car in and then sold it on not knowing this had been done. If they don’t carry out the proper checks then who would?

When I bought mine from a smaller prestige car dealers, they assured me that they checked all mileage records and that they do so by also checking the gearbox record but I’m thinking that could be waffle. I doubt it would be so worthwhile altering mileage on an old Cali like mine but when you start going into the realms of 150k plus spiders and the like, it could be well worth it.

I also suppose that a one owner car, could be even easier to clock, as it wouldn’t change hands and get mileage recorded by others so easily, especially if it was in its early pre mot years.

they assured me that they checked all mileage records and that they do so by also checking the gearbox record but I’m thinking that could be waffle.

Unless you saw proof of it I really doubt that. Checking mileage records probably means going on the MOT website.

Only main dealers have access to the relevant software. In the case of Lamborghini the Huracan and more recently Urus have a reputation for being easy to clock and I personally would assume any car not inspected or sold by a main dealer to be suspect. Not to scaremonger but this is far more rife these days than people imagine.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk