What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Anti UV windscreen tint film

francisn

Administrator
Staff member
So, I was talking to a long time car friend in ultra hot South Carolina. He has just finished helping restore his black Porsche 928S (to be fair although I can't remember what else he currently has I think there is a 512TR, Corvette, Diablo and certainly a DB5 in his garage though it may not be his - so he is Ferrari owner).

Anyway - he has just driven his 928S back from some work done and the a/c wasn't working too well. So he is thinking of applying anti UV tint screen on the windscreen to reduce heat input.

He has that on other cars

Some quite reputable detailers offer this as a service, but mainly to tint the windows.

I had never come across this. But an application of clear UV screen on the windscreen substantially reduces heat input. My 308GT4 windscreen is enormous and acts like a radiator when the sun is in front, which it always is when heading south as we invariably do if doing anything interesting!

Apparently it is applied on the inside of the windscreen.

Anyone got any experience?