What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Boxster or Cayman

Agree on the Cayman GTS - great car. I sold my GT4 and got a Spyder instead (got a deal that was simply too hard to turn down). It is a close run thing but the Spyder is the better road car IMHO. You cannot beat the top down experience either :thumbsup:

Agree on the Cayman GTS - great car. I sold my GT4 and got a Spyder instead (got a deal that was simply too hard to turn down). It is a close run thing but the Spyder is the better road car IMHO. You cannot beat the top down experience either :thumbsup:

Glad you got one and I agree.

Glad you got one and I agree.

It has a great spec as well including PCCB's. That's a first for me on a Porsche as I've never ticked that box when spec'ing a car due to the cost of the option in relation to the overall value of the car as I usually don't hang on to them for longer than 12 - 24 months. I think the Spyder could well be a much longer term proposition though as both the styling and engines in the 718 models fail to excite me in the way the 981 did when launched. Toying with a trip to the factory to spec up a new targa with the Exclusive team though :thumbsup:

i hate to say it, but having just spent the afternoon at the Porsche Centre at Silverstone driving a pdk Cayman , I quite like that gearbox. :cry3:

and I'm a diehard manual fan.

i hate to say it, but having just spent the afternoon at the Porsche Centre at Silverstone driving a pdk Cayman , I quite like that gearbox. :cry3:

Simple explanation.........

............ You're getting old, mate :grin:

Sadly I have to agree - but at least I would now consider a Ferrari f1

Chalk'n'Cheese :hmmm: The F1 is last century's technology the PDK is on a completely different level, you need to look at a 458:thumbsup: or 488:thumbsup::thumbsup: if you want the same experience.

The F1 is an afterthought designed to appeal to the "Ladies" in the same way that Tiptronic was added to the 911:laugh:

BTW do you have a bus pass yet:grin:

Chalk'n'Cheese :hmmm: The F1 is last century's technology the PDK is on a completely different level, you need to look at a 458:thumbsup: or 488:thumbsup::thumbsup: if you want the same experience.

the 488 is the one I want next or the new dino :thumbsup: but will wait a while for prices to drop a bit - of course the market could tank in which case I will buy a classic.

bus pass - speak for yourself !

Syder has been sold , still got well over list for it and had 1000 fun miles , 488 arriving next spring :thumbsup: not sure I can part with the 355 though so looks like the Carrera will be going as well .

My wife and I were at the Porsche experience centre on the 6th for the 718 drive.....first time there, great facility! Nice food too :)

I had a 981 Cayman S before my F430 & was really unsure about the 4 cylinder cars, but decided to go with an open mind. All I can say is they are very impressive. Yes, the noise could be better, but they don't exactly sound terrible....nothing like any YouTube video I've seen anyway!

Oh, and I'm with you Mark, I thought the pdk was a cracker too.....my own car was a manual. By the way, which group were you with? We were there at 1.00.

Too funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The 360 was designed as an F1 car. The three pedal variant was offered to keep the oldies happy :thumbsup:

Sorry to differ, but when I spoke to Lucca he definitely said that the F1 was put on the road cars to make them more appealing to the ladies and those males who can only pass the "auto" car driving test:shocked:

Oh, and I'm with you Mark, I thought the pdk was a cracker too.....my own car was a manual. By the way, which group were you with? We were there at 1.00.

I was there for the 3.15 group - although we got there early and had a lovely cup of tea.

yes , I thought for that set up the pdk was the car to have - be interesting how I get on with the manual

I was there for the 3.15 group - although we got there early and had a lovely cup of tea.

yes , I thought for that set up the pdk was the car to have - be interesting how I get on with the manual
Who was your instructor? Dickie Attwood works there too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The F1 is an afterthought designed to appeal to the "Ladies" in the same way that Tiptronic was added to the 911:laugh:

not yet..........had a haircut mind :thumbsup:,.

whoops, that's what I meant - a DSG / PDK gearbox I could just about live with.

Mind you , my 718 Cayman has arrived at the dealership and I'm picking it up on Tuesday :thumbsup:.....

be interesting to see how I like the manual gearbox, someone told me its the only one they have had delivered so far .

Hey Tony,

Lovely car !! I will send you some pics....

mind you I've bought a manual and I do wonder about the turbo lag in a pdk...

would I have another - def :thumbsup: