What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Chris Harris - I think Ferrari are going to be upset!

I can’t get onto that website. I thought it was because I was trying to access it from the office network and it was blocked but I get the same problem at home. Is it just me? :cry:

What happened was the weight quoted on the scud included speccing all the carbon packs (front rear and side). So if you didnt have all 3 your car wasn't as light as the quoted weight.

I don't think this made the car lighter than a strad unless the official scud weight is lighter than the official strad weight.

16m has the rear and front Pack as standard. It's only the sills that are options.

Seems like they are only quoting the most "interesting" part for their point of view leaving aside the fact that everyone always does it.... ;-)

I think we all see what we want to see.

Those who are blinded by their fierce loyalty to a brand, and those who are not :)

Guys!

probably not the best thing to post in a Ferrari forum but i think this article is definately worth a read!!

http://ca.jalopnik.com/5760248/

Only posted this afternoon... is bound to cause a stir thats for sure!! will be interesting to see how long it stays up for. I don't think the story itself is anything new, EVO magazine have certainly hinted at similar in the past, however never quite this blunt!

Clarkson has been highly critical of some Ferrari's in the past few years. 360 and 599 GTO being two reviews that stand out.

So who loaned Top Gear the 612 they had in the race to the ski resort? The 612 which had an irritating noise coming from a broken windscreen wiper which Clarkson constantly referred to. I'm guessing someone got in a lot of trouble for supplying a sub standard car to one of the most popular and influential car programmes in the world with a huge global audience?

Cars tested by the media should be standard models with the exact performance that customers will receive once their car has been delivered. That said, it's no different to the way companies promote their products in any other industry.

I was very disappointed that Bentley didn'y give Top Gear their Mulsanne recently as i'm fast approaching the age where i wouldn't look like a tit in a Bentely or a Rolls and are therefore on my radar.

I was very disappointed that Bentley didn'y give Top Gear their Mulsanne recently as i'm fast approaching the age where i wouldn't look like a tit in a Bentely or a Rolls and are therefore on my radar.

That's the best line of the day so far :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah but it's not surprising when you see how Top Gear treat the cars they given to review. That Romania road trip involved driving on dirt tracks strewn with boulders and nearly drowning the cars in the sea. Bently must have got wind of the filming schedule and pulled their car.

The thing is, if this is ALL true, I don't quite understand how then they got the 575 wrong when it came out?? If you remember, the 575 was terrible on its launch and everyone was so scathing about the handling, that they then had to offer the Fiorano handling pack to sort the car out. Why would this have happened if Ferrari controlled everything from the 360 say??