What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Decent wax

Roony

Ive not bought any wax for some time so was wondering if any one could recommend a decent wax for red paint work... looking for a nice glossy finish.. (the car is machine polished so very little swirls are present)..

Appreciate any recommendations...:thumbsup:

Ive not bought any wax for some time so was wondering if any one could recommend a decent wax for red paint work... looking for a nice glossy finish.. (the car is machine polished so very little swirls are present)..

Appreciate any recommendations...:thumbsup:

Race glaze 55 from Mark (morethanpolish)
Can't go wrong with that, had mine two years and hardly made a dent in the tub yet, goes a long way.
Not sure but I think Mark did a test pot for £5 so you could try before you buy.
There are more expensive products but this is a great product and my car comes up nice:thumbsup:

Cheers.. Thats around what I was looking to pay, so will give it ago...:thumbsup:

QUOTE=milkshaker0007;812070]Race glaze 55 from Mark (morethanpolish)
Can't go wrong with that, had mine two years and hardly made a dent in the tub yet, goes a long way.
Not sure but I think Mark did a test pot for £5 so you could try before you buy.
There are more expensive products but this is a great product and my car comes up nice:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Id second raceglaze55.

Used for last 3 years on 4 different cars ( all red) It goes a long way easy to apply.
Wipe on...wait 10 mins ..wipe off. It doesnt leave any powder residue and gloss is superb.
At the price for a tub, its great value and goes a long way.:thumbsup:

I have just about finished a tub of the Dojo lime? used it on several cars with nice results... Its good value but I wanted to spend a bit more for the 328..

Dojo juice orange crush is less than half the price and I have had excellent results with it on red cars

I have just about finished a tub of the Dojo lime? used it on several cars with nice results... Its good value but I wanted to spend a bit more for the 328..

Nothing wrong with what you're using. Ive used the Dojo range, its great. If you want to spend a bit more you're doing the same many have gone. There are some brilliant products out there, some of its down to personal choice. Ive even used demon shine as a super quick option:grin:

Swisswax Scuderia. Not cheap but a really good deep shine and smells fantastic - where some waxes smell a tad 'chemically' to me, Swisswax smells far more natural. Probably isn't but certainly smells like it is.

Thanks chaps for the support for our 55 wax, I personally guarantee you will be absolutely delighted with it.

With 55% pure white Carnauba its nice and soft, so dead easy to use, and at £68/tub (230ml), which will coat about 30-35 cars, great value too for this level of carnauba. Shine is Concours class - its won the Masterclass at the FOC Concours at least twice that I know of (550 and 246).

Collinite is a sealant, totally synthetic, so really best suited to your daily driver, as durability is its strong point. The DoDo waxes are 30% mixed natural waxes and illustrate that with wax products you generally get what you pay for, though the Scuderia is somewhat contradictory as its only 40% white Carnauba but costs £115 for 200ml.

Our Signature waxes can be seen here: http://www.morethanpolish.com/Race-Glaze-Signature-series-paste-waxes.asp

There's no such thing as pure white Carnauba :)

But yep, really like your wax as well, Mark - mate of mine uses it. When I run out of Scuderia I may well switch :thumbsup:

Another vote for Swissvax products, although I am not sure that the premium waxes such as 'Scuderia' are worth the extra cost,despite having higher levels of carnauba than the basic 'Onyx'.

It is important to use cleaning fluid tp remove old polishes before applying any of these waxes for the first time.

High carnauba waxes, regardless of the brand, are easy to apply and go a long way, so in practice they are not as expensive as they may first appear.

Another vote for Swissvax products, although I am not sure that the premium waxes such as 'Scuderia' are worth the extra cost,despite having higher levels of carnauba than the basic 'Onyx'.

It is important to use cleaning fluid tp remove old polishes before applying any of these waxes for the first time.

High carnauba waxes, regardless of the brand, are easy to apply and go a long way, so in practice they are not as expensive as they may first appear.

My vote also for Swissvax Onyx

Don't get too hung up on Carnauba content. The highest grade Carnauba is T1, no purer Carnauba comes out of Brazil (where it all comes from). The amount of T1 in a tub of high Carnauba content wax costs less than £1.