What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

F355 Dumping Gearbox oil

RobC

Anyone had this problem before?
355 F1 gearbox fluid resevoir dumping oil out of top of oil screw cap
Obviously pushed out with pressure, but why?
Replies appreciated

Rob,

Possibly overfilled? Have you had it serviced or put any in recently? Mine used to push a bit out when I first had it so I took a few ml out.

I find it strange they have a dipstick when the level rises and falls at least 20mm plus as the system charges.

My 360 F1 can be anything from cold and virtually empty, through to 15mm from the top when red hot and low pressure in the F1 system. There was a tech bulletin onthe 360 about topping up properly.

I've also found that after changing the Donax the system also holds pressure better when parked-up.

Anyone had this problem before?
355 F1 gearbox fluid resevoir dumping oil out of top of oil screw cap
Obviously pushed out with pressure, but why?
Replies appreciated

Yes, well known problem, the reservoir is identical to the power steering item and the markings are wrong on the inbuilt dipstick for the F1 system. IIRC the correct level is just at the very bottom of the dipstick.

Can be very worrying when it drips on ot the hot exhaust :shocked:

Yes, well known problem, the reservoir is identical to the power steering item and the markings are wrong on the inbuilt dipstick for the F1 system. IIRC the correct level is just at the very bottom of the dipstick.

Can be very worrying when it drips on ot the hot exhaust :shocked:

Exactly what happened. I had topped it up a little and it threw it all out again :thumbsdow. Didn't have time to sort it this morning, loads of smoke from the back ,:cry3:.

Thanks for the input guys, will get it sorted shortly.

Ken