What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari Capital Markets Day 2022-2026 Strategic Plan

francisn

Administrator
Staff member
I have been reading the Strategic Plan presented on Thursday, https://ml-eu.globenewswire.com/Resource/Download/8deec0d2-2995-4056-8630-c3f925bfa379.

Very interesting. First fully electric car to be launched in 2025 with a 2030 target of 40% fully electric, 40% Hybrid and 20% ICE. So still life in proper engines.

However the one line in the report that amused me was this, in relation to carbon emissions.

• Vehicle end of life is not taken into account because a Ferrari is forever.

Lovely, although of course we all know that parts do need replacing from time to time!

Lovely, although of course we all know that parts do need replacing from time to time!

Love it :laugh:

Yep, I think there's room for all - fully EV, hybrid and ICE. Good to see Ferrari see it the same way.

I have been reading the Strategic Plan presented on Thursday, https://ml-eu.globenewswire.com/Resource/Download/8deec0d2-2995-4056-8630-c3f925bfa379.

Very interesting. First fully electric car to be launched in 2025 with a 2030 target of 40% fully electric, 40% Hybrid and 20% ICE. So still life in proper engines.

However the one line in the report that amused me was this, in relation to carbon emissions.

Still...

Compared to most vehicles on the road a 'collectible / long-life' keeper car is by far the greenest car of them all... (currently)

Still...

Compared to most vehicles on the road a 'collectible / long-life' keeper car is by far the greenest car of them all... (currently)

Find it difficult to see that ever changing when collectible /long life keeper cars are all running on zero carbon petrol, unless they can work out a way to make EV batteries without having to mine anything at all.

We may never get to that point when pretty much everything is stacked to get us off the road.

I'm a little less pessimistic now than I was a few years ago. Global finances, advances in alternatives to EV, even the view held by many in some European countries of the EU and it's continuing attempts to control more and more areas of their lives (and telling the Italians that Ferrari and Lamborghini are banned from making ICE vehicles isn't going to help) - all these give me at least a smidge of optimism for the future.