What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Ferrari Roma

Had an invite to the launch in Rome today, I too think it looks lovely and maybe wish I'd gone, however definitely don't order it in white as per the one at the launch event, just looks wrong

I think it looks fabulous inside and out. I like the more restrained surfacing and overall appearance - it really suits this model.

Am i the only one seeing Aston Martin / Jaguar here :hmmm:

No you’re not. It certainly does have hints of F-Type about it from the side particularly (as an owner of one I have no problem with that) but it is far better looking looking than the horrible new Vantage or DB10. The Roma does have some great details - I especially like the frontal treatment and rear lights.

Except for the colour-coded grill, I really like it, although it does have more than a little hint of Aston about it (front & profile). I cannot bear the iPad stuffed between the driver and passenger. We're seeing it everywhere now and it always looks like such an afterthought.

Had an invite to the launch in Rome today, I too think it looks lovely and maybe wish I'd gone, however definitely don't order it in white as per the one at the launch event, just looks wrong

Fully agreed, white looks totally wrong but other colours are fab, it will sound fantastic with turbos and particle filters ...

Fully agreed, white looks totally wrong but other colours are fab, it will sound fantastic with turbos and particle filters ...

Way too jag / Aston / for me

Interiors are also slipping for ferrari for me.

Looks like a mid-market sports car from a few years back to my eyes.

I guess I am definitely NOT the target market.

Way too jag / Aston / for me

I'm glad someone else said that first - exactly what I thought.

Very beautiful car....but it should be the next F type Jag - its just not easily recognisable as a Ferrari :-(

First thing I thought was Aston. Not a Ferrari style IMO. Plus also agree about the interior. Big step away from the brands previous incarnations.
When I heard about the portofino coupe I thought yes. That makes sense for buyers who wanted the GT V8 but didn’t want the open top design.
Not what I would be looking for though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose as always we should wait until we see it in the flesh as perceptions often change at that moment ..... however, per the pictures it does look a little too "mass market" for a Ferrari :hmmm:

I think this might do what the 550 did in terms of styling - appreciated more as time went on, after mixed reviews initially

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The jag/aston comments are interesting because my first reaction was that, although undeniably beautiful, it looked like the ******* offspring of a Merc SL AMG and a Porsche Cayman. In other words it looks derivative rather than leading.
Will be fascinating to see the price point. Then we will know what their target truly is.