What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

First drive of the year

mon the fish

Administrator
Staff member
Got my car back yesterday, and had an absolutely epic drive up the evo Old Military Road. This is the first time I've experienced this, but does anyone else find their car a hell of a lot faster than they remember? 3rd gear seemed mental, I don't recall this feeling last spring. The car just felt so quick.

It's not like I've been driving slow cars over the winter either - 3.0 Z4, Mini JCW, 530d & Cooper S. Not Ferrari fast granted, but not 1.4 diesels either.

Folk with over 600bhp, I have no idea how you use it - 485bhp seemed more than enough for me yesterday. :grin:

Got my car back yesterday, and had an absolutely epic drive up the evo Old Military Road. This is the first time I've experienced this, but does anyone else find their car a hell of a lot faster than they remember? 3rd gear seemed mental, I don't recall this feeling last spring. The car just felt so quick.

It's not like I've been driving slow cars over the winter either - 3.0 Z4, Mini JCW, 530d & Cooper S. Not Ferrari fast granted, but not 1.4 diesels either.

Folk with over 600bhp, I have no idea how you use it - 485bhp seemed more than enough for me yesterday. :grin:

Yes is the quick answer but its a predictive thing given Ferrari cars signature power delivery and approach to engine mapping and power train design. The ‘house style’ of high revving forever building power is
almost so having hopped into my 430 for a blast last night I had the exact same ‘Ferrari feeling’ and it’s understandably addictive...

Snake pass btw

Feeding in the power in 3rd at 80 leptons leaving a long left-hander, and feeling the rear tyres struggle to take it was a lot fun.

And then the TC cut in to save my lack of skills :grin:

Feeding in the power in 3rd at 80 leptons leaving a long left-hander, and feeling the rear tyres struggle to take it was a lot fun.

And then the TC cut in to save my lack of skills :grin:

...or fresh rubber?

Our Abarth got four fresh PS3’s two days after passing it’s MOT as all four existing tyres were five years old.

My first drive this season was a few days ago and I think

This is scarey fast
How can it be legal to even think about selling weapons grade cars
Why do I pay so much just to keep this on the road

Shortly followed by

Wow this is fun :thumbsup:
My tyres are still cold :shocked:
I love Ferraris :grin:

Have got to agree with the OP.

Took my 355 out at the weekend for first time since October last year and it felt epic ..... way better than my feeble memory recalled and that is after 8 years of ownership.

Hadn't even started the car since October and am aware that there are 2 schools of thought regarding this ( ie; start it monthly OR don't bother starting it if you are not going to drive it ). I am in the "leave it alone" camp, but then again I am also in the store it in an air-chamber with a dehumidifier camp, and that has served me well all these years.

Tyres were the exact same pressure as when i parked her up. She started first turn of key, steady idle, no unusual noises or emissions and nothing on the floor when i moved it.

Loved the drive and fell in love with the car all over again :thumbsup:

This weekend for me. Looking forward to driving it now I've made further changes to increase its performance. Hopefully the weather holds out!

Yep, went out for the first time last night as well and have to agree with OP too.

Although, not my daily for the last month I had been driving a MK3 TTS for the last year, which is pretty quick and advertised performance in similar to the 360. However, the 360 felt a lot quicker last night than the TTS. Can definatley feel the difference between the NA power delivery and Turbo. Also, the TT is a lighter car and has modern suspension tech with Magnetic dampers and Quattro drive but the 360 felt much, much happier on the corners. Very addictive:thumbsup:

Yep, went out for the first time last night as well and have to agree with OP too.

Although, not my daily for the last month I had been driving a MK3 TTS for the last year, which is pretty quick and advertised performance in similar to the 360. However, the 360 felt a lot quicker last night than the TTS. Can definatley feel the difference between the NA power delivery and Turbo. Also, the TT is a lighter car and has modern suspension tech with Magnetic dampers and Quattro drive but the 360 felt much, much happier on the corners. Very addictive:thumbsup:

Would I get into trouble if I said anything with regards to hairdressers at this point?

Would I get into trouble if I said anything with regards to hairdressers at this point?

Yawwwwwwn, heard that ***** soooo many times before but it was a coupe and not the roadster, makes all the difference and manual and its dam quick. No hairdressers could handle such power.
Does lack 1500 rpm at the red line. Makes all the difference on the Ferrari.
And I like it over the R8 to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have an appreciating TT Sport 240 Mk 1 in our collection and I love it for all the wrong reasons.

Chief of which is the old school laggy engine.

We forget how different the original TT was in its day.

My first drive was February to test my winter work but I’ve managed to get out a couple of times this week.....

It’s great to drive these cars after a break.
I just love the free spinning super smooth motors. Nothing else compares.

Awesome and looking forward to next weekend. Hopefully some sunshine over the two days [emoji106]

Just ribbing in the TT. A friend has an original one; and whilst it’s a blast I do still ask for a short back and sides every time I get in it :)

Lovely drive out today to Prescott Hill climb cars and coffee; such a civilised venue and great mix of cars. Good to see a few Ferrari’s there as well!

Lovely drive across the Cotswolds early morning hardly anybody on the road; going back wasn’t too bad either; just a few “go fing everywhere at 40mph” brigade and only one obligatory knob end, this time in an F pace trying to race me! Always seems to at least one every time I go out. I guess he had just completed his complementary “how to drive like a knob end” course people seem to get with every new suv bough!!!!!

Agree with OP - first proper drive early on Saturday morning....great clear dry roads.:thumbsup::homereat:

355 feeling incredibly fit - screaming like a banshee and loosened up beautifully as the temperatures rose. Gearbox was an absolute delight - really quick and direct....."love, love, love it!":smitten:

Fuel gauge must be playing up tho......seemed to head towards zero almost as fast!!:tongue3:

First outing since last June for various reasons.

Having driven mostly newish cars in the interim period I'd forgotten that an almost 20 year old one has a few squeaks and groans,
but also how much fun it can be on country roads.

Still a headturner too !

Attachments

• IMG_3740.jpg
    IMG_3740.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 75