What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Flaky Leather

MalcH

I've just bought myself a cheap Mercedes CLK which on the whole is quite good. Anyway the top of the rear seat seems to be peeling. This is not the leather but some kind of coating on it. Leather looks fine underneath though I noted it's a different colour when the peeling skin/film first comes off. I guess it is due to sun drying something out.

Is there anything I should do or can do to halt it, does anybody know? The car is not really worth re-connolising I don't think, but I would like to try to halt it. Looks like it has fricken dandruff on the seat bottom :laugh:

20170422_171549 (Medium).jpg20170422_171613 (Medium).jpg20170422_171542 (Medium).jpg

Looks like a bad spray tanning session gone wrong:grin:

Seriously though, I had my drivers seat " freshened up" looks like the spray on colour dye used like mine and the coating has come off, maybe wrong though:hmmm:

They've been freshened up at some point and the paint is peeling. Only way i can see to sort that out is a complete rub down, speak to a trimmers as they may be able to have an option