What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Forum access

Mike01606

Please move if posted in the wrong section.

I've had a few mails whilst helping organise the Wales Weekend that people cannot access the forum as their passwords have expired. I guess this was following the issue a couple of years back.
I'd have thought it was a simple reset process so is that not the case now? What happens after 5 attempts and you're locked out? Does it require a moderator to reset?

It might be worth revisiting this as it will not be encouraging infrequent/old members from visiting.

With me it was simply a case of changing my password. Not sure what happens if you persist with trying to input the old one but will look into it. Do you know the username of anyone who has been locked out?

Bruce was locked out and Danno is still.....
When I logged in the other day I took 4 out of 5 p/w attempts. I’m not sure what happens at 5 and whether it needs moderator approval.

I’ve done an email reset which has worked fine but I’ve not had to do it after being locked out.

Bruce was locked out and Danno is still.....
When I logged in the other day I took 4 out of 5 p/w attempts. I’m not sure what happens at 5 and whether it needs moderator approval.

I’ve done an email reset which has worked fine but I’ve not had to do it after being locked out.

When you say Bruce WAS locked out and Danno is still, I'm assuming Bruce was locked out but no longer is? Did Bruce get the automatic email requesting a password change, did that and so was no longer locked out? Did Danno simply not get the email? Because it's automatically sent there's always a chance his email server could throw it in 'junk'. If you have coms with him could you suggest he looks just in case he hasn't yet and that's happened. In the meantime I'll see what I can do with the other Mods.

As luck would have it I'm locked out of the Moderating Panel so I'll need to wait for another Mod to check it but I've left a message for them to do that in the Admin area of the site.

When you say Bruce WAS locked out and Danno is still, I'm assuming Bruce was locked out but no longer is? Did Bruce get the automatic email requesting a password change, did that and so was no longer locked out? Did Danno simply not get the email? Because it's automatically sent there's always a chance his email server could throw it in 'junk'. If you have coms with him could you suggest he looks just in case he hasn't yet and that's happened. In the meantime I'll see what I can do with the other Mods.

As luck would have it I'm locked out of the Moderating Panel so I'll need to wait for another Mod to check it but I've left a message for them to do that in the Admin area of the site.

Bruce is back on I believe and sure they received the emails but they're both doddering old farts and probably didn't understand it :laugh::laugh:

Bruce is back on I believe and sure they received the emails but they're both doddering old farts and probably didn't understand it :laugh::laugh:

I can't criticise; I'm a Moderator who's locked himself out of the Moderating Panel ………. :laugh:

I will check. BTW, we are in the process of moving to a new admin, Graham is finally retiring, but moving things to a new ISP is not proving that easy :cry3:.

So patience all round please.

Hi Francis,
I want to renew my £10 subs but I don't have (or want) PayPal.
Is there another way to pay my £10 subscription?
Cheers, Giles

Hi Francis,
I want to renew my £10 subs but I don't have (or want) PayPal.
Is there another way to pay my £10 subscription?
Cheers, Giles

Hi Giles, have flagged this up to Francis in case he misses it on the open forum. Hope he'll be able to get back to you shortly.

I had a password lockout that Francis kindly sorted for me earlier this year.

But now I can't send PMs.

I've emailed Francis a couple of times from separate email accounts (in case one was spammed) and have also tried the admin email contact to no avail. Hope all is ok there.

Also tried Tony on the CS Facebook, as he's always been super helpful. But the FB appears to have been dormant since Feb, so again, hope all is ok there.

Any mods/admins out there that could un-freeze my PM privileges so I can respond to a 'wanted' ad.

Many thanks in advance.

Steven

I've emailed Francis a couple of times from separate email accounts (in case one was spammed) and have also tried the admin email contact to no avail. Hope all is ok there.

Also tried Tony on the CS Facebook, as he's always been super helpful. But the FB appears to have been dormant since Feb, so again, hope all is ok there.

Any mods/admins out there that could un-freeze my PM privileges so I can respond to a 'wanted' ad.

Many thanks in advance.

Steven

Will look into it, no idea why you can't send or receive PMs.

In future, if you want to bring something quickly (or at least more quickly) to our attention just click the little exclamation mark in the black triangle at the bottom of the post. That generates a report in the management area as well as dropping us an email so we should be able to get onto it :thumbsup:

Edit: Currently out and about but will look into it later.

Last edited:

Many thanks in advance.

Steven
\

Steven

I thought I sent you a message saying I was away driving my Ferrari in France, which is a thrill after recent events. Maybe I forgot to send it or you didn't receive it but currently I am somewhat knackered after a lot of driving but will try to sort it for you at some point tomorrow - ah that's today!

BTW Steven. I don't think you are a subscribed member - correct me if I am wrong. You might like to pay a tenner and subscribe. Would make us admins a little bit more inclined to help you and in fact may be a reason you can't do your advert.

Hi Francis,

Very envious of your trip, must've been properly invigorating after the last 18 months.

Unfortunately I didn't receive your email, so I was concerned that the hotmail spam issue might've spread to gmail.

Posting about my PM issue was really a last resort, as I hadn't considered the 'report post' button (suggested by Pete) as a way to get in touch with the team.

I'd be more than happy to subscribe, but for one reason or another I've had more tech issues with this forum than any other. It took a month to activate my account, then I couldn't post, then I couldn't PM, then I couldn't edit posts, then I got locked out. Now I can't PM again!!!

Maybe I'm just unlucky? Or maybe it's a Mac thing? But it has made pinging a tenner into the ether actually seem a bit of a gamble, ridiculous as that sounds!

I'm not complaining. I realise CS isn't a commercial venture and that you all do it for the love. And it's hugely appreciated. I much prefer the tone and spirit on here compared with the alternatives. And although I don't post a lot, I do check in most days, as there's nearly always something of interest.

Anyway, I'm not looking to post an ad, I'm actually trying to reply to somebody else's 'wanted' ad.

When I press "send new message" it says I "do not have permission to access that page". And my email folder is full with "11 messages stored of 0 allowed", if that helps with diagnosis.

Many thanks as always.

When I press "send new message" it says I "do not have permission to access that page". And my email folder is full with "11 messages stored of 0 allowed", if that helps with diagnosis.

Many thanks as always.

I think it does. I think as a non-subscribed member that all you can save, once you have that many PMs I think it locks you out. Try deleting all your PMs (inbox and sent items) and see if it'll then let you send a PM?

Hi Pete. Thanks for your help.

So I deleted my entire stash of 11 PMs :laugh:, which then redirected me to a page saying I don't have permission for the PM page.

The PM menu is now missing from my profile page.

Also my post above, replying to you and Francis this morning, went into moderation (which I assume you just released) as if I'd newly registered. Plus my pics have disappeared from an earlier thread. And I can't edit my posts.

Which all makes me think that when Francis reset my account early this year it effectively turned me into a new member that hasn't yet had permissions allocated???

Like I said above, I'm more than happy to subscribe once these tech hurdles have been overcome. But ideally I'd rather send the PayPal direct to a human bean, rather than process it through the site.

Anyway, sorry to be polluting the forum with this nonsense, but I currently have no other way of making contact. Thanks again.