What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Giles’ 360 Modena on-line scrapbook

giles

Running reports/road trips/photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A thread to use as a virtual scrapbook of my ownership on my 360 Manual.....
Since Dec 2019 I’ve been to Scotland twice, including the NC 500, Wales a couple of times and a couple of FOC organised events. Somewhat of a departure for me as I’ve usually SORN’d my ‘special’ cars for the winter, so welcome to my rather liberating ‘daily’ 360 experience [emoji1303]

A thread to use as a virtual scrapbook of my ownership on my 360 Manual.....
Since Dec 2018 I’ve been to Scotland twice, including the NC 500, Wales a couple of times and a couple of FOC organised events. Somewhat of a departure for me as I’ve usually SORN’d my ‘special’ cars for the winter, so welcome to my rather liberating ‘daily’ 360 experience [emoji1303]

owned since December 2018*!
Giles

Like most people when I pick up a new car I like to get it sorted to a good baseline condition and go from there. My 360 was being used regularly by the previous owner but still there were lots of things that needed addressing......
Initial jobs done/parts replaced since pick up:
Cambelt change at the main dealer before it went anywhere!
Radiator fans
Thermostat
Manifold to Cat rings x2
Exhaust from a 12k mile car as original had rattling active valves and the stainless was quite unsightly
3rd Brake light inoperable, fixed
Driveshaft heatshield re-secured
Mass airflow sensors x2
Clutch block
Angular speed sensor (crank position sensor) x2
Electric windows and HeVAC controls clear goo cleaned off
HeVAC panel bulbs
Adjust drivers door handle cable
Adjust passenger side drop glass
Oil pipe slight weep fixed
Rear discs & pads
Major service
Wheel bolts x20

Just completed the fabulous Welsh Weekend without any issues (big up to Mike and supporting team!), the 360 was really going well and thoroughly enjoyed the drive and social, great event, great people and fabulous roads!
Rather than wash it when I got back I’ve taken it in for the rear bumper and near side sill to be painted as these were the only untidy (i’m being a bit harsh and picky!) parts to the car, so soon that’ll be sorted too.
Next job once back from the body shop will be drivers seat leather side bolster to be replaced and finally a full detail.
I really love improving a car to a good standard, hopefully I’ll manage it with this one!
Happy days, Giles

Nice to meet you and Connie at the weekend Giles...If you want to keep this thread clean ask the mods to delete this (although I notice one of them has already 'contaminated' it :grin:)

We should have spent more time comparing notes....

I've done a lot of the items you list below....engine and gearbox mounts are also well worth changing if not done previously.
Was one of the fans seized or just looking a bit rusty?

On the exhaust front, I bought a very low miles OEM unit. It was like new inside and the guy said it had only been on a few weeks from new.
The tailpipes are the later design to the ones on my 2000 car and rattle like hell compared to the originals. It's on my to-do list to try and tension them to stop it. Otherwise the old ones are going back on.

Hi Mike,
Both fans were seized hence needing new ones.
My recently fitted OEM exhaust looks great but is putting out lots of white powder deposits on the engine.
I know you can re pack the exhaust box, but not sure if that is on my priority list.
Once I’ve had the paintwork done I’m going to fit the OEM stone chip protection on the wheel arches, I will do the light detergent spray routine and hope for the best!
Not sure what you mean about cleaning up the thread..... looks ok to me :)
Cheers, Giles

As it’s your scrap book I wasn’t sure you wanted to keep it ‘clean’ ie without lots of others posting in it :)

If you know a decent TIG welder and can remove the exhaust it’s actually quite simple and very inexpensive to stop the white dust problem. I’ve done one and I’m about to do a second when I’ve a bit of spare time.
I’ll post it on my Argento 360 thread.

A couple of photos from the March 2019 Scotland trip with the Hillman Imp Club, my first long drive with the car, and before you ask it came back on a truck with a failed crank position sensor, best MPG ever on the way home! [emoji1787]
Plus a couple of pictures - not my Bentley, house, or wife!! [emoji1787][emoji85][emoji1787]
View attachment 154410View attachment 154411
View attachment 154408View attachment 154409

Hiya Folks,
Quick update on the 360:
Done the North Coast 500, been to Wales a couple of times, using it loads, thoroughly enjoying it!
Jobs....
Sill and rear bumper painted, but it’s a poor colour match so doing again this time with the real pro who is Jav at Rehman & Sons [emoji1303], booked in for Sept photos to follow.
Engine MIL on dash so changed the Mass airflow sensors, genuine Ferrari ones, fixed issue and driving better in my subjective opinion.
Drivers seat bolster side panels and centre ‘stripe’ on cushion (bit your bum sits on) replaced and both seats recoloured to match, wonderful job from Auto ReTrim in Halesowen, best £400 I’ve ever spent on a car.
18,750 mile service completed with no issues at Migliore cars in Bromsgrove.
Currently the coolant has escaped somewhere and got a tad hot so it’s going into Migliore tomorrow to be sorted, I’ll let you know how that goes!

Cheers, Giles

Last edited by a moderator:

Giles,

Was the coolant changed at the 18750 service as I’d suggest that it may be air coming out of the system causing the level to drop. I usually after to add coolant after a run if it’s been changed but it never got hot.
Otherwise be very careful that the coolant hasn’t ‘disappeared’ into your gearbox via a failed heat exchanger. It seems to be quite common and I wouldn’t want to drive it with coolant in the trans oil.
Can you access the filler plug? I’d pull it out and see if there is any emulsion on the dipstick.

Yep, coolant and gearbox oil was changed at the major service....
I have in my history evidence of the coolant heat exchanger failing and mixing with the transmission oil.
I’m just going to get it to the guys and let them sort it, I’m not over worried, it’s just inconvenient really.
Cheers, Giles

Last edited by a moderator:
To this......
Dave at Auto Retrim replaced the full side bolster, both outer section and inner section of the side bolster. He also replaced the centre stripe down the middle of the cushion.
Then he recoloured both drivers and passengers seat to match. He did not use filler in the cracks as this is a bodge and would just fail later. The way forward is colour/dye or replace sections of the seat.
Great job, very happy, £400 bargain in my eyes.
View attachment 154776

That looks like a very good job, big difference :thumbsup:

I agree with your prognosis as well - there comes a point where filling and resurfacing isn't going to cut it. for that sort of a difference that's a good price I'd say.