What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

IFA recommendations

francisn

Administrator
Staff member
I am trying to help my 36 old son with his future investment plans. he has some cash and I keep on telling him to get it into ISAs. Over many years I have invested in stocks and shares ISAa, originally through an IFA but nowadays through a personal wealth management advisor.

I wouldn't recommend to my son the IFA that I originally used because although he still owns his company he is now pretty much retired and you now just deal with employees who may or may not be there long term.

Ideally what I am looking for is a relatively young IFA with his own company who is in it for the long haul and will still be around while my son builds up his portfolio.

Any recommendations or contrary views gratefully received.

My son is based in Croydon but these days location is less important.

I use a chap called Martin Andrews who I've known for a long time.

http://www.awfm.co.uk/page_2227768.html

Mention my name, if only to get howls of derision about how I can make money disappear better than Ronnie Biggs.

(And don't pay much attention to his photo - he's not that dodgy in real life).

Down to earth advice and listens to your aims/guides well IME.