What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Important message

Angelis

Hi all,

This forum is now 1 week old, with 358 threads, 4,361 posts and over 150 registered users.

First of all a great big thank you, on behalf of everyone involved in this forum for your fantastic support. This forum has been a a bigger success than anyone could have imagined.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's an update of the progress so far:

Setting up of a commitee
This is still a month or two away, but hopefully should be ready for voting in before the end of the year. We are just in the process of sorting out all the legal bits and pieces. Once done, everything will be transferred over to the membership and commitee.

If anyone has experience in setting up a club, please get in touch.

Sponsors and promotion
We currently have 3 confirmed sponsors. Hill Engineering, Ricambi and DB Valeting and a few more that have expressed an interest.

The forum
As of yet, we still have no name for the forum. Once we have a name we'll be able to promote it properly. Please keep your suggestions coming. Graham, Lee and Tony are continually tweaking the forum and it seems to get better and better every day. Keep sending in your suggestions for any improvements.

Special request
On a more serious note I think it's time that the Rob Lay & fchat bashing should stop. Could everyone please refrain from creating false ID's and posting on fchat and making personal attacks on Rob Lay.

It does'nt look good and it may put off new members.

Once again, thank you for your support.

Sy

Angelis said:
Special request
On a more serious note I think it's time that the Rob Lay & fchat bashing should stop. Could everyone please refrain from creating false ID's and posting on fchat and making personal attacks on Rob Lay.

Sy

I second this and would like to build on it further by proposing we replace the current XFChat logo with something more neutral (albeit still temporary) and stop referring to this site as XFChat. I suggest "********* Temporary Logo".

Ric.

Last edited by a moderator:
ric355 said:
I second this and would like to build on it further by proposing we replace the current XFChat logo with something more neutral (albeit still temporary) and stop referring to this site as XFChat. I suggest "********** Temporary Logo".

Ric.
I agree

Jonathan

ric355 said:
My post was edited why?

Just the logo name you suggested. It was one of the names that is on the shortlist, but not registered yet.

Did'nt want anyone else seeing it and getting it before us.

:D

Angelis said:
Just the logo name you suggested. It was one of the names that is on the shortlist, but not registered yet.

Did'nt want anyone else seeing it and getting it before us.

OK - It was mean't as a temporary name though, not as a proposed name ! If someone else has proposed it then fair enough.

I think if you edit a post it's best to add in an explanation as to why you did so at end of the text.

Ric.

Angelis said:
Hi all,

Special request

Sy

Love Love Love it on here, it makes me laugh how sensible you're having to be dude!!!

Can I be on the commitee, head of Trolling and pi$$ing about mate????
I'd do a QUALITY job of that!!!!!! :D:D:D

P.S BIG respect to you and the other guys for the top top job you've done so far.

Ravi 355 said:
Now the logo is sorted, when are the car stickers planned?

It's not the official name yet. I just did it to replace the old xfchat one and to test it out.

I really like this name though as it's quite catchy. Top gear, fith gear, Fgear.

Would look great on your car.

LazyLobster said:
Not tooooooooooo keen, can we have a vote and a poll setup with possible names ?

Make some suggestions in the "Suggestions Thread" for any inciteful ideas you may have.