What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

McLaren Senna: 2 Years of Ownership

Tough one because we are very close to the project and its derivatives - I am not sure about 'classic' status as that seems to be shifting.

The whole supercar market is shifting as now hypercars are fast becoming the new supercars that we used to think of.

Given all the new entrants in the space it is hard to predict.

If the hypercar market segments into two (of drivers and low mileage collectors) which I think it well might given the visible schisms in the ownership culture then the Senna should be a sure thing as a real drivers car.

McLaren are using them as a basis for many new projects so one can assume they didn't sell in the numbers intended...

McLaren are using them as a basis for many new projects so one can assume they didn't sell in the numbers intended...

My guess is these new McLaren projects will all be very low build semi bespoke editions along the lines of the Sabre. McLaren knows they can't do another 300-500 unit hypercar for at least 4-5 years but is still semi addicted to the profitability they produce. Semi bespoke editions like the Sabre will help plug the profit hole.

My guess is these new McLaren projects will all be very low build semi bespoke editions along the lines of the Sabre. McLaren knows they can't do another 300-500 unit hypercar for at least 4-5 years but is still semi addicted to the profitability they produce. Semi bespoke editions like the Sabre will help plug the profit hole.

It is clear that those running McLaren don’t ‘get’ the supercar / HyperCar market yet

There are many people in Mclaren whose background is the volume car business and they don’t understand the dynamics of the niche like some of the old names of the business.

It is clear that those running McLaren don’t ‘get’ the supercar / HyperCar market yet

There are many people in Mclaren whose background is the volume car business and they don’t understand the dynamics of the niche like some of the old names of the business.

Agree with the statement just not sure if its the management or the ownership where the core of the issue lies.

Boxer - wanted to doff my cap to your literary and journalistic talent. I've never owned either car, but your blog is both articulate and emotive. It's a nice read, so thank you.

P.S. There's no way you can be a real Septic ;-)

Boxer - wanted to doff my cap to your literary and journalistic talent. I've never owned either car, but your blog is both articulate and emotive. It's a nice read, so thank you.

P.S. There's no way you can be a real Septic ;-)

Thanks and ???? on Septic???:huh: