What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

My 365 BB restoration....

Paul,

That is going to look fabulous when finished. I'm a bit partial to blue Ferrari's:thumbsup:

What made you change it from red? Originality?"..........M

Paul,

That is going to look fabulous when finished. I'm a bit partial to blue Ferrari's:thumbsup:

What made you change it from red? Originality?"..........M

Thanks Mike, it's taking shape that's for sure. And yes, more down to originality really. I like the fact many were made in non red. The car will eventually have the six-tail exhaust too.

Thanks Mike, it's taking shape that's for sure. And yes, more down to originality really. I like the fact many were made in non red. The car will eventually have the six-tail exhaust too.

When I visit AE, Afam often has a 365BB in with the 6 tail pipes. It's servicing must be in sync with mine. I thought it was an aftermarket exhaust. Shows what I know!

The engine start is quite an event :)

Please keep posting the progress. I love these resto threads and for such a rare car it will be a bit special.

M

365 BB all done now.....

Finally picked it up Friday and it looks amazing. Barkaways have done a truly fantastic job. The paint is amazing and the car runs like a dream.
image.jpg

Paul, Your car is stunning!!!! I have watched your whole restoration with great interest as my 246 GTS was been restored at Barkaways at the same
time as your car. I had a great experience working with Ian Barkaway and the team. Really great guys. Your car is definitely the BB to have ............. enjoy.

+1.... Beautiful colour. Looks better than the red :thumbsup:

Will it be at Silverstone in September? ...and any more pics? I've checked the Barkaway link already..

thanks, I think so too although my two kids are split on red or blue.

and no I wont be at Silverstone, I'm at Salon Prive and Hampton Court though.

Paul, Your car is stunning!!!! I have watched your whole restoration with great interest as my 246 GTS was been restored at Barkaways at the same
time as your car. I had a great experience working with Ian Barkaway and the team. Really great guys. Your car is definitely the BB to have ............. enjoy.

Thanks Anthony, I too followed your cars progress over my many visits and was present for the big reveal!! Ian and his team are certainly some of the best if notthe best in the business of restoration. His attention to detail on some of the great cars that he has done is remarkable.

Hope to catch up with you at an event soon

Paul

Beautiful Paul. Perfect colour combination.

Did the 365 have 3 exhaust outlets per side originally?

Yes that's correct 6 pipes in total. My car has an original period Ansa exhaust, but I'm getting
Hayward & Scott to make an 6 pipe one for me. They have original plans. I just need some more money :)

I admire you

Looking for another challenge, WOW, Why not find an owner who wants a mint F40 and get them to pay for it and you do the work, then both happy. I think we have a thread on a LM F40 that is similar (ha,ha) you never know you might even get paid to do it

Hampton Court run

Little shot from the Octane Tour the other week. Started at Cliveden House, then down and through WindsorCastle Park then into the Royal Concourse at Hampton Court.

Was a fun drive with about 50 cars and a great show.

Paul

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 222