What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

My Ferrari at Bodytechnics after a motorbike couldnt slow down!!!

Hi guys - as you can tell from the title my beloved 348 is at Bodytechnics due to an idiot on a bike not watching whats going on ahead!! Lucky its only having a new rear bumper and quarter panels painted/blended.

Now heres the thing - while its there I can get the normal cracking of the buttresses done, along with the slight bubbling on the sills and from wings, plus the bumper and bonnet stone chips done, in all its a full strip and respray of the whole car except the targa roof!!! Now as the insurance comapny are paying for the rear bumper to be replaced and painted and some of the quarter panel paint work the rst of the bill is down to me..............................do I????? It means the car will come back like a brand new 348 and Im hoping Bodytechnics in Slough being Ferrari/Aston/Bentley etc approved should be the nuts when its finished!

So has anyone experienced their paintwork and also am I doing the right thing making my 348 perfect paintwork wise with a full respray by them? Worth it?

Yes I have had a quote and no they arent cheap hence me thinking the work should be A1, have negotiated it down a bit but its still a shade over 5k! Really tempted though :wink3:

I did the same thing years ago when a ******** ran the lights into my MGC. Insurance job but had a lot of work done and paid myself. I'd say if you can afford it and you obviously want it, then do it. :thumbsup:

I did the same thing years ago when a ******** ran the lights into my MGC. Insurance job but had a lot of work done and paid myself. I'd say if you can afford it and you obviously want it, then do it. :thumbsup:

Yes i do want to do it - and as its already there etc etc, its just having to justify that sort of money and will it look like 5k worth :grin:

:shocked:

What condition is your paintwork in now Paul?

Its not bad - was detailed end of last year, but the usual problems exist, cracking around the rear wing/pillar joints, bubbling on the sills (under paint) front wings the same behind the wheels where they usually go, then 3 or 4 stone chips on the bonnet and the usual ones on the front bumper and mirrors - every always comments on how good it looks and clean/shiny but it has the usual imperfections and I know about them :mad: and the rust will only start getting worse - its only minor currently.

There's a reason why they "aren't cheap", it's because they do the job properly!

They did some work on my 355 some years ago. It was basically the front end and a door respray. There wasn't any panel damage, just the paintwork.

inadvertently they left the job card/worksheet in the car when I collected it and after careful analysis of what they'd actually done, it wasn't "expensive"....it was quite a lot of money, but when one saw how much prep work they had done, it was a lot of hours and a very reasonable labour rate.

If you want the paintwork blowing over, bits masking up when they should really be removed and refitted, various clips broken and bodged with the wrong fixings, then take it to your average bodyshop.

Ask any of the boys on here who do this for a living how long it actually takes to strip the car properly to ensure that there are no visible paint seams or overspray and you'll appreciate why the bill is so high!

If however you want it doing properly, ask BodyTechnic to go ahead.....you won't be disappointed!

But thinking about it, it's a 348......why not just go and weigh it in at your local scrappie!

You could use the couple of hundred quid towards a proper car with a six speed box!:grin:

Last edited:
There's a reason why they "aren't cheap", it's because they do the job properly!

They did some work on my 355 some years ago. It was basically the front end and a door respray. There wasn't any panel damage, just the paintwork.

inadvertently they left the job card/worksheet in the car when I collected it and after careful analysis of what they'd actually done, it wasn't "expensive"....it was quite a lot of money, but when one saw how much prep work they had done, it was a lot of hours and a very reasonable labour rate.

If you want the paintwork blowing over, bits masking up when they should really be removed and refitted, various clips broken and bodged with the wrong fixings, then take it to your average bodyshop.

Ask any of the boys on here who do this for a living how long it actually takes to strip the car properly to ensure that there are no visible paint seams or overspray and you'll appreciate why the bill is so high!

If however you want it doing properly, ask BodyTechnic to go ahead.....you won't be disappointed!

Fab - thats the sort of thing I wanted to know - I dont want a cheap job done I just want to pay the right money for the best job and know Im gettign the best :grin: