What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

odd glitch when using the driver info screen on California 2010

Wilpert

Just had a wheel and tyre replaced, so i now get the yellow box and message - TPMS needs to be reset.
I tried to scroll through the options on the display but it wont move to the next screen.
I look in the hanbook and nothing to explain why this is happening.

So I tinkered with other bits, finally by pure chance, i pushed the little button near the mirror, which is the on/off switch for the parking sensors and Voila, i can now switch screens on the driver display, now this seems odd but surely it cant be normal that i have to do this.

I got to the menu for TPMS and then pushed the option to recalibrate, drove up the road and sorted, all 4 tyre pressures come up in the display.

My lesson so far after short ownership - these cars have some funny gremlins :hmmm:

You'll also find that if there's dirt on one of the parking sensors the roof doesn't always operate properly!

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

You'll also find that if there's dirt on one of the parking sensors the roof doesn't always operate properly!

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

That’s good to know too thanks.

I’m glad I don’t have a pacemaker or I’m thinking all sorts of things might happen 😀

Just to add a little more on this...
The roof operation takes into account the parking sensors because the boot opens in reverse when folding the roof. The car likes to know there's nothing in the way (expensive!) when opening the boot. It'll beep if it's not happy but you can override the sensor by pressing the roof switch a second time. Always open & close the roof with the car on level ground :thumbsup:

I'm learning more and more as I go along - as per my previous Porsche ownership, it seems clear that owners have more knowledge than you could ever glean from the handbooks, maybe there should be a regular foibles section in the handbook, that highlights all of the regular glitches :)

I'm sure i will get the hang of it eventually but I'm finding the handbrake function is another oddity, it wont go into hold mode when I'm stopped and in neutral but it will if I'm stopped and in 1st gear.

also, i have discovered that all warnings should be totally ignored until the car is turned off and back on by which time they have usually disappeared.

I'm still looking for the answer to removal of sticky buttons but I won't hold my breath on that one.

the glitches continue - these cars have a mind of their own!

So last night, i took the cover off of the car and went to collect my son from the riding stables.

half a mile into my journey - message appears, Manettino failure and CST failure.
I kept calm, pulled over, restarted the car and it all went away but after I has stopped the car and restarted again, the message reappeared.

So when i got home, i left it on the drive for half an hour, then took it for a blast up the road and nothing?

Is this worthy of an inconvenient trip to a dealership or should i put this down as yet another unexplained gremlin?

FWIW the car is driving fine but i don't want to speak too soon :)

I'd definitely say worth the inconvenience of getting it sorted.

I know you can turn off the traction control and stability control but on the new cars they are sort of handy to have if you need them. There's also a bit of a question regarding whether insurance would be valid if there's an accident while the car is being driven with these systems showing as faulty.

I remember a few years back on here a young lad who had got an F430, heavily financed, and he came on here saying the same - just got his new car and the traction control was showing faulty. He chose to ignore advice on here and drove it then crashed it. Sure you'd be far more careful knowing the systems aren't there but it's possibly not worth the risk.

First thoughts... battery health and state of charge? But as Pete says, I wouldn't ignore it for too long, however I wouldn't expect doom and gloom just yet. When it comes to electrics they have a mind of their own.

yes, Ive called Ferrari Colchester service dept. and I'm currently waiting for a call back.

The problem I have is it is intermittent, so only pops up occasionally, then after a restart it goes away.
The manettino control works fine when the error message isnt there.

Battery was renewed just last year by previous owner.

I am aware that these cars have strange gremlins that lurk :)

manettino

its gonna prob be the brake sensor switch under the brake pedal....

Good news.. cheap and easy fix.. Autofficina did mine recently... quick / easy / cheap and no issues!
Finders crossed, thats your problem

its gonna prob be the brake sensor switch under the brake pedal....

Good news.. cheap and easy fix.. Autofficina did mine recently... quick / easy / cheap and no issues!
Finders crossed, thats your problem

Ah I’m hoping so, I have a power 15 warranty but I’m not expecting it will cater for that. I’ll take it in to the dealership and let them have a look and see where that leads me.

Warranty expires in 10 months and then I’m on my own, can’t get warranty due to age. Although I’m hoping anything that’s going to happen has either already happened in it’s past life or will get sorted by warranty in the next months.