What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Paint protection film

A348W

As some will know I’m getting my front bumper resprayed week after next.

I’d like to add a paint protection film, diy, to the lower 1/2. Any suggestions of what and where to buy? Options seem a bit limited!

(I’m not going the route of getting a professional in as it’s about the same as the respray! So I’ll just cover the worst affected area.)

Appreciated.

DIY isnt easy. Its one of those jobs like plastering that you look at, think there is nothing in it - until you try to do it. I have just applied a strip of 3M stuff to the rear bumper of the Merc Estate ( dog protection) and made a right mess of it. Bubbles everywhere that I cant get rid of and more than one figer print visible on the sticky side

I am currently using this product SunTek Top Coated Paint Protection Film. It was recommended by a good friend of mine, and so far it does its work.

I'd be giving Steve Baker a call, excellent job and reasonable prices

my albeit small experience of fitting it yourself is one I still have nightmares about!!

http://paintguard.co.uk

Steve's done all my cars for Years and also those of others I know :thumbsup: