What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Recoring OEM 430 Cats

RichardCH

does anyone else do this besides Fabspeed pls, I think I should recore mine after 15 years and 30k miles, would love some 200 cell HJS cats inside the OEM casing??

So very pleased to report that I am working with Gert at Carnewal whom has his own serious workshop. He recored my Porsche Cats 8 years ago with HJS 200 Cell items very hopeful for a solution in the next couple of weeks

Last edited:
I am also revisiting the Novitec Fuchs rear X tail pipes that I first bought in 2014 and subsequently sold. Need to get the car ready for its annual visit to Italy in July

Last edited:
So very pleased to report that I am working with Gert at Carnewal whom has his own serious workshop. He recored my Porsche Cats 8 years ago with HJS 200 Cell items very hopeful for a solution in the next couple of weeks
Sounds promising.

Must confess, when I wanted to update my cats on the 348 I just went for a straight swap and took the OEM out and put in 200 cell Nouvalari cats. Vast improvement in emissions over the old tech. They don't look quite the same but they're very much tucked away so it doesn't notice much. The OEM items are pretty heavy compared to the Nouvalari cats so I was happy to get some weight off the rear end anyway which along with a much lighter exhaust (and my car is a front battery car anyway) makes a positive difference to a 348's handling. I've kept the OEM cats so they could go back on for originality (won't in my ownership but will stay with the car) but I can see the appeal of recoring the originals to keep everything looking OEM. Interested to hear how you get on.

Keep us posted on this as Carnewal might get a bit of work recoring OEM cats with 200 cel units, especially with owners keen to keep their car "Totally Original" 🤣 .