What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Some may Like, Most will not....................................

Neil,

What we did was lay the whole length of vinyl over the engine cover,and cut across each slat,and then folded down,if you stand in front looking down or through rear window it looks a complete stripe...........
The angle of the picture shows just the top of the slats therefore giving a faded look,if you get my drift :grin:
That looks OK, how did you do the engine over?

Like the stripe more than the number plate :tongue3::grin:

Thanks Steve,I know you dont like these being sort of modded,but ATM its growing on me,as for the plate:tongue3:that came with the car,I really wanted A 348 GTB but the purists would have said it was not one unlike yours:thumbsup:

That looks real good Bob ~ look forward to seeing it in the flesh at next get together.

Thanks Andy, yep! I'm sure we will hook up fairly soon :thumbsup:

Thanks Steve,I know you dont like these being sort of modded,but ATM its growing on me,as for the plate:tongue3:that came with the car,I really wanted A 348 GTB but the purists would have said it was not one unlike yours:thumbsup:

It would be most un like mine , it's a GTS :grin:

Don't mind mods as long as they are done well and not just done to try and turn the car into something it's not(like 355 rear lights on a 348) the stripe looks good :thumbsup:

Missed out on F348 GTS at one of the recent DVLA auctions, it went for just over the amount I'd set myself to go to.

Rob, actually really like that. :thumbsup:

Always used to tease Sy about stripes etc but I've been converted. Had a bit of time on my hands over the last couple of months (being stuck in was driving me mad! Also sorry to you lot that I've been on CS all the time - better now, will leave you all alone.....) so did some research on the history of the 348 - how it was designed, who did the work, early years etc. One aspect was it's history on the track and how it was developed by Ferrari and further developed by other well known performance tuning houses that they used. Was pretty much the first V8 that was designed wholly with the track in mind and as such what could be regarded as 'racing livery' is wholly in keeping with the car and what the designers had in mind when building it. People like me may have thought we were "traditionalists" by shunning stripes etc but frankly we didn't know what we were talking about (and not for the first time :) )

Executive sumary for AJ - "Suits the car given it's historty." :)

Slight edit but missed the time out - first 'normal roadgoing V8 model' - clearly the 288 GTO and F40 were aimed pretty much completely at the track. Same bloke designed the 288, F40 and 348 as it happens :)

Slight edit but missed the time out - first 'normal roadgoing V8 model' - clearly the 288 GTO and F40 were aimed pretty much completely at the track. Same bloke designed the 288, F40 and 348 as it happens :)

Thats good to hear :thumbsup::grin:

Dont like threads with thirteen posts on it, here's 14th :grin:

Mind you though, its covered a multitude of stone chips :shocked:

I'm sorry Rob but its not for me. The 348 doesn't need a stripe, its a pretty car and stands out from the crown with its agressive design. Adding a stripe takes away its presence.

Less is more with the 348:thumbsup:

Thats good to hear :thumbsup::grin:

The 348 was actually his 'swan song' as far as Ferraris were concerned, after Enzo died they seemed to be after something a little less raw and he didn't design another Ferrari. His 'portfolio' as far as Ferraris were concerned was the Daytona, Berlinetta Boxer, 246 Dino, 308 GTB, 288 GTO, F40 and his last car was the 348. He worked for Pininfarina but was pretty much Enzo's 'go to' man when he wanted something a little special. Back in those days Pininfarina worked far more closely with Ferrari than people think and was involved in the design of the whole car - they didn't just design the bodies, they designed the chasis etc as well. 'Pinin' was a partner with Enzo in Scuderia Ferrari SpA and was actually Ferrari Vice President while Sergio Farina, his son, sat on Ferrari's board of Directors at the time of the design of the 348 - it was also Sergio who eventually persuaded Enzo to build Ferrari's first mid engined road car. The two companies were totally intertwined. Anyway, the guy who designed all those great cars ending with the 348 was Leonado Fioravanti.

Just a bit of random info Rob :)

Last edited: