What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

The Supercar Trio: Larry, Ben, and Mike

Boxer

I have just posted up a new blog, The Supercar Trio: Larry, Ben, and Mike based on the Fireside Chats with Lawrence Stroll, Benedetto Vigna, and Michael Leiters from the recent Financial Times Future of the Car Event in London.

https://karenable.com/supercar-trio/

Comments on the analysis?

Your posts, so varied in subject matter, are always a pleasure to read. No exception here - it's almost as if we were there. Your personal touch/remarks are always appreciated!

I don't know your motivation for taking the time to compose these insights. In any case, very generous on your part; we are the winners. Thanks for your so very valuable contributions.

A very succint and informative analysis as usual.

Other manufacturers have tried the luxury car store concept (I have first hand experience) and in each case thus far the income generated has fallen far short of the operating and lease costs so inevitably they end up being vanity projects haemorrhaging money while projecting a cool brand image for very short term gain.

Aston themselves I believe already tried this in Mayfair already a couple of years ago.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Your posts, so varied in subject matter, are always a pleasure to read. No exception here - it's almost as if we were there. Your personal touch/remarks are always appreciated!

I don't know your motivation for taking the time to compose these insights. In any case, very generous on your part; we are the winners. Thanks for your so very valuable contributions.

Many thanks.

On the motivation......no idea......just enjoy doing it......and it keeps me out of trouble:grin:

A very succint and informative analysis as usual.

Other manufacturers have tried the luxury car store concept (I have first hand experience) and in each case thus far the income generated has fallen far short of the operating and lease costs so inevitably they end up being vanity projects haemorrhaging money while projecting a cool brand image for very short term gain.

Aston themselves I believe already tried this in Mayfair already a couple of years ago.

Much appreciated.

On the stores.............very strange move for a cash strapped company. Then again he did the same when he owned Asprey and that did not end well.......so much for continuous learning .........

Thanks for the analysis, brilliant as always. There seems to have been a step change in general/media attitudes to Aston recently, with the F1 team on the up and the new DB12. Has that trickled down at all to the finances, or are they still likely to go bust?

Knowing what you've posted before, I took one look at the nice new interior and colour choices of the DB12 and wondered how they found the money...

Thanks for the analysis, brilliant as always. There seems to have been a step change in general/media attitudes to Aston recently, with the F1 team on the up and the new DB12. Has that trickled down at all to the finances, or are they still likely to go bust?

Knowing what you've posted before, I took one look at the nice new interior and colour choices of the DB12 and wondered how they found the money...

At the current rate of cash burn, they will likely run out of funds in early 2024. On the DB12, that's one of the reasons for the cash burn. A very large chunk of the GBP 653 mil. they raised last year is already gone.

In terms of going bust, doubt it as Geely will be the one likely to bail them out in the next round.

I'm not sure the DB12 will be such a success. It very closely resembles a DB11 which can be had for less than half the cost. The new rear is nice (cribbed from the Vanquish) but overall I think it will be a tough car to sell at the mooted price without discounting heavily.

DBX has not been a very successful product despite the rosy picture painted.

F1 has little relevance to what the road car division is up to other than the stickers on Alonso's steering wheel.

Conversely Ferrari are in one of their bad periods in F1 but the road car division is absolutely smashing records.