What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

where to go for a weekend away

birdseye

A small group of us ( maybe 4 or 5 cars ) usually have a three day weekend away every year, and we are looking for suggestions for a suitable pub / hotel this year. The format is to book accommodation at the same place for the three nights and then to have days out on decent driving roads and with visits to places of interest.

Anywhere in the UK but Wales, the south west, south east, maybe yorkshire preferred. Decent safe off street carparking is vital.:thumbsup: Half decent food would be a good idea. And all at the low price end of the spectrum.

Suggestions?

A group of us stayed here ahead of the Wales Weekend last year...…

http://blackmountainlodge.co.uk/

It was quite reasonable cost wise and the food in the restaurant was surprisingly good.....There's a bar to sit in also and the rooms are clean and comfortable.
It's close to the Brecons so gives you a good base for a few drive outs.

Anywhere in the UK but ... south east ... preferred. Decent safe off street carparking is vital.:thumbsup: Half decent food would be a good idea. And all at the low price end of the spectrum.
You could stay at the Heathrow Travelodge which is only a few miles from me and the pub in our village does excellent food. Each day you could do a lap of the M25 as to experience life in the sunny south east :wink3:

You could stay at the Heathrow Travelodge which is only a few miles from me and the pub in our village does excellent food. Each day you could do a lap of the M25 as to experience life in the sunny south east :wink3:

Sadist!. My daughter and family live in Surrey so I am only too familiar with the human ant heap that is the south east. Mind you I never seem to get delayed on the M25 so I dont know what you lot moan about.:grin:

Try Shaftesbury way. Some good roads and close to lots of things to do. Can’t help with hotels in that price bracket...missus and daughter won’t go unless there are 4 stars :cry3:

A group of us stayed here ahead of the Wales Weekend last year...…

http://blackmountainlodge.co.uk/

It was quite reasonable cost wise and the food in the restaurant was surprisingly good.....There's a bar to sit in also and the rooms are clean and comfortable.
It's close to the Brecons so gives you a good base for a few drive outs.

Good shout Mike it was very nice :thumbsup:

isle of Man supposed ot have good roads & cheap accommodation - car security is enhanced by it being an island :laugh:

A small group of us ( maybe 4 or 5 cars ) usually have a three day weekend away every year, and we are looking for suggestions for a suitable pub / hotel this year. The format is to book accommodation at the same place for the three nights and then to have days out on decent driving roads and with visits to places of interest.

Anywhere in the UK but Wales, the south west, south east, maybe yorkshire preferred. Decent safe off street carparking is vital.:thumbsup: Half decent food would be a good idea. And all at the low price end of the spectrum.

Suggestions?

Okay don’t normally do this kind of thing but you asked nicely - this hotel is a hidden gem and the food is amazing for the price. https://www.oxpasturehallhotel.com/
Use the Ox as your base for trips to - Oliver’s mount - road racing circuit open to public vehicles throughout the year and great photo shoot at start / finish line. Then you have the Yorkshire moors to play on and the seaside towns of Scarborough and Whitby for some Kiss-me-quick hat and bingo action. Best of all worlds. Heading up there myself this weekend.

Thanks Modificato. Scarborough ( and Brid and Filey) are where I spent my childhood / youth. I could even visit Ilkey Moor where I lost both my virginity and my cigarette lighter.

O.K. so I will ask the question, as others will be wondering ....... why do you need a cigarette lighter to loose your virginity ???:laugh:

I wasn’t thinking that; but good question!!

I was more thinking whether your missus would think that a good weekend away:laugh: