Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Search results

1. R

355 HVAC airflow control not working

I have posted on FChat about this but thought I would ask more local people. I have lost the control over the air direction (feet / dash / demist) on my 355. I bench tested the mixer motor (that moves the flap that controls the airflow) and it works fine, nice and smooth and quiet so it was...
  2. R

355 F1 warning light

About 4 weeks ago I caught my foot on the trickle charger and it must have turned off. I noticed this about 2 weeks ago and the car was flat. I put it back on charge and left it overnight. The next day it started up fine. I let it run for 10 mins or so to let it do its ECU stuff. I pulled...
  3. R

Le Mans 2023

I am arranging a run down to Le Mans in 2023. The last one I did like this was waaay back in 2006 for some members of the Lotus 7 Club and friends. If anyone is interested in tagging along please let me know. Its the 100th anniversary of the 24hr in 2023 so its going to be quite the race...
  4. R

Ignition wiring loom

Looks like my car has had some work / repair to the wiring loom that plugs into the coil packs. Both sides. Can this loom easily be replaced? I am loathed to remove the mass of electrical tape before I know if I can easily replace it! I am getting a very occasional misfire at idle and...
  5. R

355 test pipes too short?

I have acquired a set of tubi test pipes. I currently have a tubi exhaust. So I thought it would be a fun way to spend Sunday rolling around on the floor under my 355. I have removed the CATs and when offering up the test pipes it seems they are about 20mm too short? I can just about get the...
  6. R

355 slow down light

Anyone care to offer an opinion on a strange fault I had at the weekend. (1999 car) Car not been out for 3-4 weeks so thought best take it out for a quick 10-20 mile trip to keep things in order. About 2 miles from home coming up a slight hill I suddenly lost all power, almost coasting it was...
  7. R

355 Radiators

Anyone done a DIY recore on their rads? Are they difficult to get out. Big job or can be done in a weekend? (or two) Had my oil service done and they report both rads need attention. I don't have a ramp / lift so I assume access is from underneath / wheel wells? Anyone know a rough idea...
  8. R

355 F1 wont select any gears

Well it had to happen! Stopped for some fuel today after a short drive of 2 miles ish. Got back in the car and it started up normally but would not select any gears. 1st or reverse. F1 light flashing on the dash. Just sitting in N. Spent half an hour trying including 2 ECU re-sets but no...
  9. R

355 Service Manchester area

Can anyone suggest somewhere decent in the Manchester area to look after my 355? Its not due a service till January next year but I have not really given it any thought as to where I might take the car. Thanks!
  10. R

355 Small pool of antifreeze

Getting my 355 ready for Oulton on Monday and I notice there is a very small pool of blue antifreeze (I assume) on the garage floor. The location is basically between the 2 front wheels. Pool is about 2 inches in size so only a tiny quantity. Does anyone know if the expansion tank overflow...
  11. R

Roof cover popper pulled out

Today I was "making progress" with some other like minded chaps and noticed my spider roof cover was flapping in the middle. Pulled over and found that the middle popper had come undone - no biggie - but then noticed the popper next to it had pulled out with screw coming out too. Anyone else...
  12. R

355 engine out service video

Just found this on you tube. Only watched the first 2 parts but seems very good. Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZHeZI--T7Q There are 5 more videos after this. Sorry if its been posted before but it seems pretty recent.
  13. R

355 down a bank or several cyls

Took car out of the garage today to give it a start up. Let it idle for about 3-4 minutes. Running normal. Turned off for a couple of mins (went to get torch to inspect engine bay for leaks etc). Came back to car and looked over the engine etc all is well. Max 2-3 mins. Started back up to put...
  14. R

355 F1 pulling at low speed first half mile

Chaps, strange problem. Nothing major but it defo something that I feel is not 100% right so asking the experts :) My car had an F1 leak, its been back to the dealer and sorted (over filled). However now when you are at low speed (<10mph) the clutch (I guess) is not coming in and the car is...
  15. R

355 F1 tank leak

Anyone had this before? My F1 tank is leaking. Not pouring out but enough to generate white smoke after driving about a mile (was an ohh **** moment). Lucky I was at the local petrol station so noticed the smoke. I think its the cap. Should it have a rubber gasket or o ring? Can the tank...
  16. R

355 indoor cover

Is it a one size fits all type situation for the genuine soft cover? Or did they make 3 (or 2) different sizes?
  17. R

355 Throttle pedal throw

Hi Is there any way to adjust the throw or perhaps does someone sell a different type of pedal which is not as long in itself thus has shorter throw at the top or has a block on it? Or is it a case of TADT... :hmmm: Thanks! Simon
  18. R

355 collection check list?

After years of searching and faffing I finally managed to buy a 355. What should I be checking for / asking for during hand over? I know its "just a car" but I presume its going to have its little quirks? Its a spider F1 fwiw.
  19. R

Early 355 vs later 355

I am still looking for that 355... Anyway, now prices seem to be a little more stable I am going to watch what happens with the market over the next few months and hopefully buy something towards the end of this year. Something I have noticed is there are a few of the early cars for sale at...
  20. R

Colour change?

So, finding my perfect car might result in it not being my perfect colour. What are peoples thoughts on a full, bare metal respray? I know its not going to be cheap - and it would not be factory paint - but 99% of used cars have been painted anyway - many badly! General thoughts on this idea...