What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

308 QV ignition partsj

sweeni

Brought the 308 up to my daughter in Scotland end of last week. Very near the end of the journey started with a bad misfire and considerable lack of power. Took it the the local garage, that looks after my daughters family motors, and to cut the story short have advised that one distributor cap is not working as it should. The QV has one to each bank so be best to replace both caps and rotor arms. Maranello want to charge me £349.60 whilst Superformance asking £179.80 (both plus VAT). Checked and they are the same part numbers.
WTF? 🤬
Guess who got the order.

Brought the 308 up to my daughter in Scotland end of last week. Very near the end of the journey started with a bad misfire and considerable lack of power. Took it the the local garage, that looks after my daughters family motors, and to cut the story short have advised that one distributor cap is not working as it should. The QV has one to each bank so be best to replace both caps and rotor arms. Maranello want to charge me £349.60 whilst Superformance asking £179.80 (both plus VAT). Checked and they are the same part numbers.
WTF? 🤬
Guess who got the order.

Dave - what year is yours? A QV?? 2 valve Euro GT4s ( and I suspect 308s) moved to single distributors in 1976.

Anyway - Superformance is always first choice. Also great supporters of this site!