What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348 I need a PLUG

Hi guys and gals - have a Ferrari 348ts 1991 - under the front of the car, luggage compartment (bonnet if you will), if you look under the car there is a big splash guard which has a 8cm ish diameter hole in it which a rubber bung/plug/grommit goes into - cant find it listed as a part available from Ferrari!!! At the moment I can see the bottom of my luggage compartment lining/carpet through the hole so need to get this round rubber plug thing - any ideas? Anyone come across this before? On the parts listing pic on Eurospares site it shoes the hole but no plug for it?

Thanks

Paul

Hi guys and gals - have a Ferrari 348ts 1991 - under the front of the car, luggage compartment (bonnet if you will), if you look under the car there is a big splash guard which has a 8cm ish diameter hole in it which a rubber bung/plug/grommit goes into - cant find it listed as a part available from Ferrari!!! At the moment I can see the bottom of my luggage compartment lining/carpet through the hole so need to get this round rubber plug thing - any ideas? Anyone come across this before? On the parts listing pic on Eurospares site it shoes the hole but no plug for it?

Thanks

Paul

Are you sure its meant to be blocked up!
I have a hole there as well, pressumed it was for drainage:hmmm:

Where's all the hardened 348 owners ?:wink3:

Are you sure its meant to be blocked up!
I have a hole there as well, pressumed it was for drainage:hmmm:

Where's all the hardened 348 owners ?:wink3:

I was told by Emblem Sports cars it was supposed to have a plug in it? Guessing the F355 is the same too! Just got the bare carpet backing showing through the hole - is that right then???

Paul

Not sure on the 355 ,they have an undertray over all that underneath I think, I'm sure some of the hardened 348 owners will give their opinion later on this evening.:thumbsup:
I presumme you mean the bit I circled

Attachments

• fezz front.gif
    fezz front.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Not sure on the 355 ,they have an undertray over all that underneath I think, I'm sure some of the hardened 348 owners will give their opinion later on this evening.:thumbsup:
I presumme you mean the bit I circled

Yep that be the offending, unfilled hole that I have currently!!!!

Best pic I can find I'm afraid and I can't remember what is there.The pic shows the underside of my Spider and it looks like it is a metal plate but I will have a look for you tonight when I get home.

Attachments

• underside (2) (Medium).JPG
    underside (2) (Medium).JPG
    60 KB · Views: 77
you can clearly see the circle right at the bottom of your pic - thanks for your help, just wonder where mine has gone then if it is a metal plate!!!

If it is what I'm thinking it is and just a metal plate.Then the chances are it will have just been seam sealed into place.A lot of cars have holes in the floor areas that are used in production and they are just filled the easiest way the manufacturer can do it.