What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348 Vent Decals

Johnny V8

I'm in process of de stickying my vents and am having trouble getting anyone to
make the circular decals in vinyl. I know some of you have had them made and wonder
if you could put me in touch with a supplier.
I would be happy to get extras made and pass them on if anyone else needed them.
I have tried local suppliers but they are not interested unless I want hundreds.:mad:

Also I'm not sure who recommended it ( may have been Nick) but Chemical Guys Orange Degreaser
is excellant for getting the sticky goo off.

Mine were made on a vinyl cutter which belongs to a friend. Unfortunately it no longer functions correctly or I would have made a batch by now as others have shown interest previously. Something wrong with the cutting head apparently. It cuts larger pieces ok but not small circles down to 4.5 mm which I found to be best on the eye. Any larger looks to big to me. I may have a few spare somewhere but don't hold your breath. I will have a dig around later and let you know. N.

Ive only six solid circles I'm afraid. Plus enough for the adjuster quadrants. You are welcome to those if you want them. PM me your address if so and I will pop them in the post. N.

Thanks Nick PM sent.
How did you make the open vent decal was it a white dot with a smaller black dot placed in the centre
like Jeff used,or just a white letter O.

Thanks Nick PM sent.
How did you make the open vent decal was it a white dot with a smaller black dot placed in the centre
like Jeff used,or just a white letter O.

We cut the open vent decal like an O. 4.5mm outer with 3.5mm disc cut out of the middle. 1mm disc wall approx. I don't think you can get anything less than 5mm otherwise. Very fiddly to deal with and I wasted a few hence me not having any spare I guess. I was happy with the result. Im a bit OCD when it comes to details like that. Ill send you the others and you can use them if it suites. I don't need them. N.

Are you going to re-coat them, and if so in what?

Cheers
Adrian

Hi Adrian
Yes they need to be re finished as the bare finish is a bit patchy. I will use Halfords black plastic bumper paint ( as used in Jeffs DIY resto ) . I tried it some time ago on the ashtray and it gives a good hard wearing
finish, but not soft touch.
John

I finished my vents this weekend. Thanks very much to Nick for all your help with the decals.
I finally did find a company to make some, their minimum order charge which was very reasonable
covered 100 of each decal. So if anyone would like some PM your address and I will post them on to you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 354
Thanks Nick, I'm pleased with the results, the posts that you and Jeff put up on doing
this work were very helpful and gave me the confidence to try it myself.
I'm also pleased to say I didn't break anything, always a worry with 25 year old plastic.

Thanks Nick, I'm pleased with the results, the posts that you and Jeff put up on doing
this work were very helpful and gave me the confidence to try it myself.
I'm also pleased to say I didn't break anything, always a worry with 25 year old plastic.

No problem. Glad you had a positive result. Patience needed though. The cleaning is the worst bit.

348 Air Vent Decals

I finished my vents this weekend. Thanks very much to Nick for all your help with the decals.
I finally did find a company to make some, their minimum order charge which was very reasonable
covered 100 of each decal. So if anyone would like some PM your address and I will post them on to you.

This would be a great resolve to complete my trim resto project... Looks Great , I sent a PM
Thanks in Advance!

Great job[emoji106] I'm coming up to needing to do the vents on mine in the spring. The decals had me scratching my head. I 'll pm you.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk