What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348ts Roof problem - not sitting right???

Here are pictures of my 348 with the roof in place, it doesn't sit right and I get a wind noise, is there an easy adjustment, or does it need new rubbers, any advice welcome! Please see pics below, :grin: as you can see it closes nice on the drivers side and the rubbers butt up against each other perfect, the passenger side doesn't however!!

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_0835.jpg
    IMG_0835.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_0836.jpg
    IMG_0836.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 374
I stand to be corrected but that front rubber looks like it sits too low forming a gutter - should it not be "plump" filling the gap? perhaps the noise is wind noise.

Here are pictures of my 348 with the roof in place, it doesn't sit right and I get a wind noise, is there an easy adjustment, or does it need new rubbers, any advice welcome! Please see pics below, :grin: as you can see it closes nice on the drivers side and the rubbers butt up against each other perfect, the passenger side doesn't however!!

Middle picture. The car seems to be on an angle. Have you tried it on flat ground?

Did the bodyshop remove them when they painted your car? Maybe they have been put back wrong.....?

They did yes but it was the same before it went, so no change there! :cry:

Middle picture. The car seems to be on an angle. Have you tried it on flat ground?

Make no difference, when the handles are close and the roof clamps in the rubber seems to stop it fully shutting neatly, its like the rubber has stretched and there is too much of it at that front corner point and it doesnt "meet" with the rubber on the roof.

I've been having a similar problem and spraying some silicone rubber restore to lubricate it helped quite a bit as the rubber seal used to drag down then be in the way - still not perfect though :-(

I've been having a similar problem and spraying some silicone rubber restore to lubricate it helped quite a bit as the rubber seal used to drag down then be in the way - still not perfect though :-(

Ohh No:thumbsdow silicone spray is a no go for me,specially near paint, PTFE spray may have been better,ask any paint shop what they think of silicon based products................they dont like em.

purely my opinion ..Honest:grin:

I know what you mean Rob but if he tries some kind of lubricant whether silicone or not I think it may help - we could do with a pic of a good fitting onr as pauls rubbers look like they are on wrong to me but only have mine for comparison.

Agreed Jeff on some sort of Lube,I noticed the other week when Andy (AJ3XX) asked me to give him a hand with his,as you tighten up the front clamps,it rolls the rubber under itself,perhaps a smear of vaseline run along.:thumbsup:

Its the rubber catching and then folding/dragging on itself and then getting in the way. As said not solved it completely for myself but big improvement.

You should not put Vaseline on the rubber it harms it.

You can buy a tube of rubber lube (it has a foam application pad on the tip) from BMW garages that feeds the seal without doing any harm, my Ferrari garage advised me this when I had my 348TS and then my F355GTS and I bought and used this:thumbsup:

Agreed Jeff on some sort of Lube,I noticed the other week when Andy (AJ3XX) asked me to give him a hand with his,as you tighten up the front clamps,it rolls the rubber under itself,perhaps a smear of vaseline run along.:thumbsup:

Oh that's why you asked me if I had any Vaseline !!! Phew.

If mine is not pushed right back on the pins or not square it sometimes grabs a section of the rubber and tucks it in when closing the clamps. I read somewhere you must always get help to pull both clamps at the same time, which does seem to help.

I'm calling by home soon, I'll take a pic
of mine and post for comparison.

You should not put Vaseline on the rubber it harms it.

You can buy a tube of rubber lube (it has a foam application pad on the tip) from BMW garages that feeds the seal without doing any harm, my Ferrari garage advised me this when I had my 348TS and then my F355GTS and I bought and used this:thumbsup:
I stand corrected,thanks Neil ,I did wonder why my suit keeps rotting :)