What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348ts roof

Hi team! Happy New Year!

I have quite a lot of wind noise coming from the targa roof on my 348 when driving, if I pull the roof in tighter with the handles the wind noise stops, this is certainly more prevalent on the passenger side. So what I am asking is how I get the roof to pull in tighter to the seals - the handles do not seem to pull the roof down enough as pushing the roof from the top on the outside reveals movement. Has anyone with a 348 or 355 had success with this before? Is there a way to adjust the rood and how tight it clamps in place?

Thanks for any help or advice,

Paul

Morning Paul, Happy New Year to you.

You can place 'shims' under the part on the windscreen frame that the clamp rests on so that it is in effect thicker. That results in the roof being pulled down slightly more. Will see if I can find the part number for you. 2 ticks...….

Part number 63238700 here:

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/348-1993-tb-ts/bodywork-lighting/roof-outer-trims-23693

Just make sure that when you clamp the roof down you push down on the top of the roof, don't use the clamp to pull the roof down as with the extra thickness it can put strain on the handle and snap it. I'd buy a few and experiment a bit with how many you need on each side to give a snug fit.

Thanks so much - I will be getting a few of them at that price and having a play this week, any suggestions on the rubbers - anything in particular to use to make them supple as possible? Currently I treat them with AutoGlym vinyl and rubber care and that’s about it.

Thanks again,

A Mercedes forum I used raved about this stuff for the rubber seals on the convertible roof. It worked well
on my wife's car and I used it on the seals for the targa top on my 348 to stop it creaking when driving and it stopped that after one application. I bought it from eBay.

A Mercedes forum I used raved about this stuff for the rubber seals on the convertible roof. It worked well
on my wife's car and I used it on the seals for the targa top on my 348 to stop it creaking when driving and it stopped that after one application. I bought it from eBay.

GREAT! Amazon now sell it (SHOCK) so have ordered some for tomorrow. Will give this a go along with the shim/spacers and see if I can get this roof tighter. That Eurospares site is too easy to get carried away on, went for £4 worth of shims, £210 later I have them coming :grin:

Just realised I must of had the same problem back in 2012 and we all had a long chat about it :) I had forgotten, time flies and my memory must be getting bad!!!

http://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?47764-348ts-Roof-problem-not-sitting-right

Interesting reading back through that. Yep, I replaced the washers A previous owner had used for the shims you’ve now ordered. Both did the same job but the shims were the correct part and worked well.

Regarding the rubbers, several options but I use Swissvax ‘Seal Feed’. probably no different to several cheaper options out there but it does keep rubber seals in very good nick.